addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The NYC Vinyl Meetup Message Board › Share your collection the easy way!

Share your collection the easy way!

James (the Classy ...
innerspaceboy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 8
I could not pass up sharing this with the group.

For years I've maintained an Excel document with my entire analog and digital record collection, currently at over 6,400 album entries.

I finally decided it was time to upgrade to a better system, and so I began to test and evaluate 20 of the most popular record cataloging software available. I was amazed by the number of details that instantly attached to each album entered, right down to when each member of the group joined and left the band!

After I tested them all, I found an app called OrangeCD to be the best for a number of reasons. Perhaps its finest quality is the smooth and 100% customizable user interface.

OrangeCD catalogs any analog or digital medium and queries multiple online databases to produce a detailed album entry. It has a wide array of fields including condition, price, and even a borrower's status to help when you lend out albums to friends. Best of all, it automatically syncs with an online service called "Racks and Tags" (visit their .com) which lets users share their discographies with friends. Racks and Tags is accessible on any smartphone, making it an invaluable tool when you're digging through record shops. It's also a great way to network with individuals who share your musical interests and to discover other artists you might enjoy.

If you do put it to use, please let us know and we'll connect on RacksandTags!