***REGISTER FOR THIS FREE EVENT ON EVENTBRITE***
What Every Small Business Should be Doing But Isn’t: A Quick Start Guide to a Disaster Preparedness Plan
Although small businesses recognize the impact data loss could have on their business, more than half do not have a disaster preparedness plan for business data, according to a study from Carbonite. During the seminar, Pete Lamson, Carbonite SVP of Small Business, will discuss the common reasons a small business owner may not have a disaster preparedness plan in place, what can happen to these businesses should a disaster strike, and how to create a plan on their own now. He will also take a deeper look into actionable items that can be implemented today to help protect small businesses and provide resources to help further prepare them overall.
Attendees will learn:
- What common misconceptions are holding back many small businesses from having a disaster preparedness plan in place
- The 3 critical components a disaster preparedness plan should include for a small business
- How to create a plan to help ensure your business can continue operating should a disaster – natural, technical or otherwise – strike
- Key (FREE) steps a small business can implement immediately to get started with a plan.
Pete Lamson Bio (Source)
Pete Lamson, SVP of Carbonite’s Small Business Group, is principally focused on small business customer acquisition and retention. Pete has 25 years of experience with emerging growth companies, having spent the majority of his career on technology solutions for the global small business community.
Prior to joining Carbonite, Pete served as SVP & GM for NameMedia’s SMB-focused Domain Marketplace, the largest of its kind in the world. Pete also served as chief operating officer of Monster Worldwide’s consumer relocation
division, helping small businesses convert new movers into lifetime customers. Pete also co-founded P.D. Circuits, an outsourced electronics manufacturing supply chain management firm.
Pete holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Middlebury College and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He serves on the Sherborn, Massachusetts Advisory Committee and the Board of Directors of the Dover Sherborn Soccer Club.
Carbonite, Inc., is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small businesses. Home offices and small businesses in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite’s easy-to-use, affordable and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite Business brings a cloud backup solution to the market designed specifically for small-and-medium sized businesses (SMBs) with flat-rate pricing and a variety of features designed to address the backup requirements, budget restraints, security and accessibility needs of SMBs.
Carbonite has backed up nearly 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com, twitter.com/carbonite, twitter.com/carbonitebiz, or facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup.
* This seminar is part of NY Business Expo (Conference Component). You can register here for free for ONLY this seminar. If you want to attend all the conference sessions or any other conference sessions, register at www.nybusinessexpo.eventbrite.com.