align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NY Quantified Self Message Board › Seeking wrist watch heart rate monitor -- with companion website for trackin

Seeking wrist watch heart rate monitor -- with companion website for tracking -- suggestions?

A former member
Post #: 1
hi all,

i am trying to find a good heart rate wrist watch monitor. there are many out there, but i am looking for one that syncs with a website so i can easily view my progress/improvements over time.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

best,
peter
A former member
Post #: 2
comment
Bill S.
BillSchuller
Frisco, TX
Post #: 3
You want to measure your heart rate solely with a device worn on the wrist? I don't know of any devices that don't also require a chest strap. I use the Suunto Memory Belt, which records heart rate at 10s intervals and can also transmit HR to a compatible watch. They have a companion website (movescount.com), but I've found that it doesn't recognize continuous wear as a valid "move". Instead, I download the data to my Mac using the PC-only trainer software running in VMWare and export from there.

Aside from the headache of syncing the data, I have been getting some minor skin irritation from wearing the strap after several days continuously. Anyone found a way around this? I scrub the strap every day and it doesn't seem to make a difference.