We're excited to hold a Fashion-Tech Demos & Drinks event on Thursday, October 11th at AlleyNYC (500 Seventh Ave, 17th Floor). Come join us for an evening of networking and live demos with Swaag.it, TrendSeeder, Carrie Hammer Custom Apparel, Bazaart, Boutiika, and Dapprly. If you're interested in fashion tech, this is a must-attend event to network with entrepreneurs, investors, and potential partners! There's also open bar with free beer and refreshments!
The event will be held at AlleyNYC, the city's newest collaborative coworking community. Attendees will also get free passes to try out AlleyNYC!
As usual with our Demos & Drinks events, the format is a mix of both networking and demos. We'll have 5 startup companies give lighting-round demos, followed by general networking and hanging out. In the past, we've had a healthy, broad mix of entrepreneurs, technologists, and investors - anyone interested in tech and fashion is welcomed!
The line-up of demos are:
- Swaag.it: Swaag is a socially driven mobile community focused on fashion and lifestyle. Share and view photos on your iPhone from your friends and the community.
- TrendSeeder: TrendSeeder is an e-commerce site which provides a platform for up-and-coming designers to reach fashion-forward consumers seeking exclusive limited-edition couture. It also provides shoppers everywhere who desire to be on the leading edge of the fashion scene access to exclusive, limited-edition, curated designs that have typically been reserved for a small swath of consumers.
- CARRIE HAMMER Custom Apparel: CARRIE HAMMER Custom Apparel is an online made to measure custom clothing company for professional women. It was founded in 2011 to help professional women find feminine and contemporary clothing options with the right fit. Modern professional women simply go on the site and pick out their favorite style, submit their measurements, and get their dress 3 weeks later completely made for them. CARRIE HAMMER is also launching ready to wear this Fall!
- Bazaart: Bazaart is an iPad app that lets you get fashion items out of your Pinterest closet, and allows you to create complete fashion looks, share them, and shop. Bazaart is essentially the first ever Pinterest-driven, user-generated, 24/7, live fashion catalog. Our long-term vision is that as you assemble and customize looks, Bazaart patented technology learns and remembers what you like to wear and suggests new looks that match your style.
- Boutiika: Boutiika allows you to keep track of cool, neighborhood stores and their products. Now you can get a unique look while supporting local businesses. Our boutiques share their latest merchandise as it comes in store each day, so you can window shop online before you hit the streets. Follow your favorite stores and get alerts for new arrivals and exclusive in-store sales and events.
- Dapprly: Dapprly is a social men's fashion app that allows users to get private fashion advice from friends that they trust. You simply take two photos of different outfits, and note where you're going - friends can then tell you what they think.
Schedule: Doors open at 7pm; demos start at 8pm.
Cost: $15 online, $30 at the door - includes free beer and refreshments!
See you there!
-- NY Tech Mixer organizers