Guest teacher Rik Center will lead our mediation and give this evenings Dharma talk. Rik is the co-founder of the Mindfulness Care Center in San Francisco, where he serves as a Somatic Stress and Trauma Counselor/Practitioner, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher and Buddhist/Interfaith Chaplain. He has trained in the Martial Art of Kyudo "The Way of The Bow" for over 19 years. Rik has been meditating since the late 1980's and is a member of the Spirit Rock Community Sangha.
The schedule for the meditation gathering is as follows:
- 7:00 pm Meditation sitting begins (please arrive on time)
- Sitting meditation: 30 minutes
- Short break for tea and greetings: 15 minutes
- Dharma talk and discussion lead by Maria: 45 - 60 minutes
- 8:30 pm Formal sitting ends