Kathy Cheney will facilitate this evenings meeting and give a short talk on travels along the eight fold path. The talk will be followed by discussion, and a question and answer session.
Kathy has been practicing meditation since 2000 and has sat residential retreats at Spirit Rock and Gaia House in Devon, England. She practices in both the Vipassana and Zen traditions and is part of the San Quentin Zen Sangha. She also volunteers at San Francisco County Jail teaching meditation to women. Her primary teacher is Gil Fronsdal.
The meeting will generally flow as follows:
- 6:40 Doors Open
- 7:00 pm Meditation Sitting Begins
- Sitting meditation: 30 minutes
- Short break for tea and greetings: 15 minutes
- Dharma talk by Kathy: 20 minutes
- Discussion and Questions: 25 minutes
- 8:30 pm Meeting Ends
Individual questions for the teacher following the meeting