Napa Valley Insight Meditation Message Board › Trusing Life: Readings for June 19th NVMG meeting

Trusing Life: Readings for June 19th NVMG meeting

Forrest H.
user 33431512
Group Organizer
Napa, CA
Dear Sangha,
At this week’s meeting (Wednesday June 19th), we will discuss the final three sections in the 10th Step of James Baraz’s book Awakening Joy. The sections are: The Still Small Voice Within (page 285), The Trusting Life (page 288), and Within You and Without You (page 292).You can printout a copy of the entire 10th Step by clicking on the link below:
http://freepdfhosting...­
At this weeks' meeting we are going to finish our discussion of Awakening Joy (at least for a while). I know that many on you joined the meditation group after we’d began our investigation into this wonderful book. I hope, however, that whatever sections you’ve read and discussed with the Sangha, you’ve found useful. I believe a book like this, full of so much practical wisdom for living a joyful life, can be read over and over again. I invite you, if you have not already done so, to purchase a copy for your home library. You can buy Awakening Joy at Copperfield's Books in Napa or on line at http://tinyurl.com/lz...­.
I personally fine myself rereading many of the chapters, especially during challenging times. Sometimes just a simple reminder to be presence for our lives can take us out of our heads, our anxiety, our depression, our stress, our sadness, our fear, etc. and remind us that we can have joy in the midst of it all – right now – in this present moment. The only moment we have.
It seems fitting to end our investigation into our innate capacity for joy and love with a couple of quotes from James.
“The more we practice quieting down and listening to the truth inside, the more easily we access our wisdom.”
“Happiness cannot be found through great effort and willpower, but is already there in relaxation and letting go.”
Just think how incredibly different the world would be if we all incorporate these simple practices into our lives. Freedom is available to everyone. All we need to do is let go, let go, let go…..
Metta-
Forrest