add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Napa Valley Insight Meditation Message Board › Leadership Council

Leadership Council

Forrest H.
user 33431512
Group Organizer
Napa, CA
Dear Sangha,
The NVMG has been meeting for over 20 months since its inception. It started out as a very small group of practitioners that meet weekly at my apartment, but over the past 6 months interest in the group has grown and our practice has deepened. As our Sangha continues to grow and evolve into our new space, I believe it is time to create a leadership council to help us move into the next phase of our journey.
I would like to invite all those who are interested in being part of the leadership council (even slightly interested) to come to my house for a meeting on Sunday September 29th at 3:00 pm. I will supply tea and hors d'oeuvres. Please RSVP on the meetup site if you are considering to attend.
If you are interested in participating in the council, but can’t make the meeting, please send me an email at and let me know.
I live in a townhouse on the edge of the Sheveland Ranch development in Napa. My street address is 820 Citation Ct, but the best way to get to my home is to take S. Minahen Street all the way until it dead ends. There is plenty of space to park on the street (but not in the red zone). My home is the second townhouse on the right (it says 820 on the door).
Here’s a map to S. Minahen St:­
Some of the issues we might like to discuss include:
• Alternative facilitators
• Finances (what do we need to help facilitate our practice)
• Having guest teachers
• Advertising to the broader Napa community (especially minority communities)
• Event planning (i.e. organizing hikes, trips to Spirit Rock or other meditation centers, etc.)
I don’t think that participating on the council will require much time. All that is needed is a desire to help build a sustainable Sangha that can be a refuge for those looking for spiritual support and a place to deepen their practice.
As the Buddha said, “Only by creating peace within our own mind and helping other to do the same can we hope to achieve peace in this world.”
With metta-