Guest teacher Maria Straatmann will lead our mediation and give this evenings Dharma talk. Maria, former scientist and businesswoman, has been a student of Vipassana meditation since 1996 with Gil Fronsdal as her teacher. She is a graduate of the Sati Center Buddhist Chaplaincy Program and End of Life Counselor training with Metta Institute; volunteered for many years with Zen Hospice Project. Maria serves as IMC Audiodharma Courses Coordinator and on its Chaplaincy Council. She is a Spirit Rock Buddhist Ritual Minister. Her emphasis as a teacher is on freedom through seeing things as they are and letting go of unskillful mind habits, on the cushion and especially in daily life.
The schedule for the meditation gathering is as follows:
- 7:00 pm Meditation sitting begins (please arrive on time)
- Sitting meditation: 30 minutes
- Short break for tea and greetings: 15 minutes
- Dharma talk and discussion lead by Maria: 45 - 60 minutes
- 8:30 pm Formal sitting ends