Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › RPG Days at Fair Game!

RPG Days at Fair Game!

Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 57
Due to the success of our One-Shot RPG event last night Josh, the owner of Fair Game store, has invited our Meetup group to run more RPG events! Sundays are the day Fair Game has dedicated to hosting RPGs and Josh is willing to give our Meetup group a dedicated table or two to run games alongside the store’s regular Pathfinder and D&D groups. This is fantastic news!

Here’s where I need Meetup members to come in. I need to know how many of you are interested in being a GM for future games, whether that be for more one-shot adventures like last night or a campaign for the game of your choice. The time slot we have is Sundays from Noon – 5pm. How often you run a game on Sundays is completely up to you. For example, Ben and I are thinking of running 13th Age game the second and forth Sunday during March.

Fair Game is really looking forward to introducing more RPGs into their Sunday lineup. They know and appreciate all the commitment and effort it takes to run RPG events – especially with people you may not know and who are not familiar with your game system. The one big ground rule in place is to please keep in mind that Fair Game is a family oriented store. These RPGs will be running during open store hours so please keep language appropriate for children and their parents. We have been given permission to run any RPG game, but graphic violence and sexual content will not be allowed. Last night was a perfect example of how Fair Game would like RPGs to run – good mix of games available, lots of walk-in customers asked about the event, and everyone left with a smile on their face. Our Meetup group was described as having ‘an amazingly thoughtful and civilized player base who are always welcome at Fair Game’ and I'm confident in all of you that we will continue to keep that positive reputation.

GMs – Please reply to this discussion thread if interested. Because we only have two tables max to work with the games will be scheduled as a first come first serve basis. Josh would like to know about each game several weeks in advance so he can invite Fair Game customers to join in and makes a new bulletin post on the Fair Game website. The sooner you let me know the game you want to run and when/how often you’d like to run it, the sooner I can send it along to Josh to get a table reserved for you. Sign-up for the event will work like last night – a Meetup event page will be created for your game and members will RSVP themselves to play so that you, the GM, will have an idea of how many players to expect before the game starts.

Matt and WJ – because your games were cancelled last night we’re giving you two priority to schedule your one-shot adventures. If you’re still interested and Sundays from Noon to 5pm works for you, email me a date and we’ll set it up.

The first RPG scheduled will be another one-shot playtest of 13th Age two weeks from now on Sunday, March 10th. An event page will be posted for it soon.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from some GMs!
Michelle
Mercury47
Lisle, IL
Post #: 460
Rick has said he'd like to run an Eclipse Phase campaign once a month. He'll email you later this week.
Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 59
I'd like to do more at some point. Now to figure out the what and from there the when.
Marv
user 80944952
Naperville, IL
Post #: 1
I'm not ready to commit to being a GM at the moment, but I have become enamored with 13th Age and hope to keep up on when sessions are happening.

1) Will the one-shot on the 10th be the same one as yesterday?

2) Will the "twice in March" campaign be tied to the one-shot or something different?
Ben R.
user 39882602
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 20
We were thinking of a two part mini adventure for the 13th Age games in March. Ben would GM the first and I might run the second. Having the same players wouldn't be necessary but the first plot would tie into the second. We'll more details in a day or two when we create an event sign up page.

Rick and Kurt- thanks! Looking forward to your emails once you work out the details. If any other GMs are interested just let me know.

(Oops- Ben was logged in on his account. This was Sarah posting.)
Matthias
MatthiasW
La Grange Park, IL
Post #: 6
I am new to group. One of the reasons I joined up was because I live relativity close to Fair Game (La Grange Park). I would be interested in running a couple of one-shot adventures in the future. I am currently playtesting a Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG adventure that I will be running at Gen Con, so I would love to put a few more people through that. Otherwise I open a number of systems. I have recent experience with HARP, Savage Worlds (Hellfrost and Deadlands), Call of Cthulhu, Rogue Trader, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and D&D of course.

I run/play in a home game on Sunday's, but it only happens once or twice a month, so Sunday's generally work well for me.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 72
Hi Matthias! Welcome to the Meetup group. Hope to meet you at one of the events at Fair Game soon! I went to high school in La Grange Park many a year ago so I know the area.

If you're interested in being a GM for an RPG just email me with the requested information below. I'll forward it along to Fair Game and once it's approved a Meetup event will be created for your RPG with you as the event host. Right now the Sunday schedule is pretty open. Fair Game just asks for a few weeks advance notice on each game we plan. The store is pretty open on what games are allowed as long as people keep in mind that they are a family friendly establishment. Just a few weeks ago we ran an RPG Day with Savage Worlds, Eclipse Phase, 13th Age, and World of Darkness games running.

Shoot me an email with:

1. Which Sunday you would like to run an event on. Time is always from Noon - 5pm.
2. The name of the game you will be running.
3. The number of people that can join. This will be your RSVP cap (+1 to include yourself).
4. A brief introduction to your game & the game system you're using to spark interest.
5. What players will need to bring to the table (pencil, paper, dice, minis, etc).

Take a look at http://www.meetup.com...­ for an idea of how we schedule RPG Meetup events. You don't need to be that detailed, but it gives you an example.
Matthias
MatthiasW
La Grange Park, IL
Post #: 7
OK - now that AdeptiCon is over, I am going to get on this. I have a one-shot Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure more or less ready to go. Let me look at my schedule and send you a write up over the next day or so.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 86
OK - now that AdeptiCon is over, I am going to get on this. I have a one-shot Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure more or less ready to go. Let me look at my schedule and send you a write up over the next day or so.

Matthias - I received your email and Fair Game has a spot for you on the 19th. I'll have your meetup posted by the end of the day.
A former member
Post #: 221
Thanks for the priority, but I work on Sundays. I'd be happy to run PARANOIA on another day.