Be a hero! Play games to raise money for local kids in need!
On November 2nd we will be participating in Extra Life, a wonderful gaming event that supports the Children's Miracle Network of Hospitals. Children's Miracle Network Hospitals raises funds for 170 children's hospitals across North America, which, in turn, use the money where it's needed the most. Donations stay in the community, helping local kids. Since 1983, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $4 billion, most of it $1 at a time. These funds support research and training, purchase equipment, and pay for uncompensated care, all in support of the mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Last year Extra Life raised $2 million dollars for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
The Naperville FG&W Meetup group is doing our part! Together as a Meetup group will locally be supporting the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago where more than 149,000 patients are treated each year thanks to the efforts of various fundraising efforts like Extra Life. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.
Last year with the help of Fair Game store we raised $848 for local kids! That was 112% over our goal! This year we're partnering with Fair Game store again and setting our goal even higher! With a larger Meetup group and more community involvement we would love to shatter last year's funding total. We cannot do this without your help!
Here's how YOU can help!
- Play for 25! Volunteer to join a team of marathon gamers who will represent the Naperville FG&W Meetup group. We'll be starting at 10am at Fair Game store in Downers Grove, IL and play until 10am Sunday morning. Marathon gamers are encouraged to get family and friends involved! Ask them to sponsor you for as little as $1 an hour. Members choosing this option can set their own individual fundraising goals and join our team here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=11734 Please let us know in the comments section below if you will be participating in this option!
- Can't commit to 25 hours? No problem! Stop in Fair Game anytime from 10am Saturday to 10am Sunday to join us for a few games and help show your support! We simply ask that you consider making a minimum $1 donation. Help ensure that Chicago is the healthiest place for kids while doing what you love, playing games!
- Donate directly to our Meetup team Extra Life charity event page here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=11734 Simply select one of the team members at the bottom that you would like to sponsor and click the "Support me!" button at the top of their page. Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donors will receive an IRS compliant tax receipt.
- Help spread the word and get involved in the community! Last year Fair Game store set up a raffle with gift bag prizes from a variety of local businesses all around Downers Grove and Naperville. Fair Game store and our fellow Meetup organizer Brian Sommer did a lot of the leg work to make this possible. Raffle prizes ranged from an award winning board game signed by the developer, free massage coupons, a pet gift basket, a gift card to a local pub and many more. This year Fair Game is doing it again and we're looking for local businesses that would be willing to contribute raffle prizes or help sponsor this event. Have a business in mind? Please contact us!
- Buy raffle tickets! All raffle tickets proceeds from Fair Game will be donated to Extra Life. Last year the raffle tickets alone helped raise $400 and all proceeds go directly to the charity. You'll be supporting a great cause and have a chance at some wonderful prizes.
We hope you all will extend your support for this wonderful charity event!