align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Post Apocalyptic Campaign

Post Apocalyptic Campaign

Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 50
I am putting together a group to take through a modern day, post-apocalyptic campaign. There will be interactions with both the cause of the apocalypse and your fellow surviving humans. Oh, the role playing fun that will come from that. I anticipate it being about a 50/50 mix of combat and role playing.

The system will be Savage Worlds. For those of you not familiar with SW, it is a relatively simple system that does not have classes. Rather you develop a character concept then using a point buy system, build your character.

My thought is to play on Tuesday nights from 6 to 10 at my place located in Westmont near Ogden and Cass. I am shooting for the first session to be 1/8/13 for character creation and what not.

I have created a suggested meetup for this, if you are interested, RSVP there. If you have questions or thoughts, comment here.

Kurt
Ben R.
user 39882602
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 17
Are you thinking more in line of a short campaign or something multiple months in duration?
Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 51
There is enough material for this to go on as long as it is entertaining. If things gel, multi month.
A former member
Post #: 4
I am interested in trying this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it week to week. Can I come to the first session and see how it goes?
Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 52
I am interested in trying this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it week to week. Can I come to the first session and see how it goes?

That is fine Mike. That can be worked in either story wise, meta-wise or having someone else "run" your character.

If you are still interested, go a head and rsvp, that will make the event public within the group.