Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Call for GMs!!!

Call for GMs!!!

Katrina R.
kat.rue
Naperville, IL
Post #: 23
Since so many people have expressed interest in playing in tabletop RPGs, and so many games have sprung up from them, we will be planning a One- Shot RPG night, most likely to be hosted at Fair Games. Before we can schedule this, we do need a variety of games for people to sign up and play. Ben and Frank have expressed interest in running something, so if anyone else would like to, please let us know soon!
Ben R.
user 39882602
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 18
I've got a nice one shot adventure on the back burner that could fit in 4E DnD or 13th Age. I'd be comfortable running either of them.
Michelle
Mercury47
Lisle, IL
Post #: 453
My husband has a few one shot Eclipse Phase campaigns he's willing to run.

http://eclipsephase.c...­
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 19
I could feasibly run something... What date were you thinking of?

Matt.
A former member
Post #: 209
I'm into one-shots! (Wait, that sounds both dirty and sad. Let me start again.)

I'm a one-shot master! (No, now it sounds violent and sad.)

Sigh. I can GM stuff.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 37
When I last talked to Katrina we were looking into perhaps February sometime. Most likely a Saturday in line with our other game events. In other week or two we'll be contacting the GMs of each game to work out the details and then set up an event page for each game so there will be no confusion over who signed up for which game. This means - if you are GMing a game, you are an organizer of that event.

Right now we just need people willing and knowledgeable to GM a RPG game. Please make sure to state which game you want to run in your post and clarify which edition if applicable. Each game needs a table, so the number of games determines how much space we need. Each GM will be responsible for having all the required materials to run a game (ex: source books, core books, relevant dice, battle map, miniatures, etc.). You'll also need to communicate with other meetup members that sign up for your event to answer any questions they may have. As Katrina stated, there's been a lot of interest in this. This is your chance to step up to the plate and teach people to play a tabletop RPG that you love.
Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 55
before I can commit, I need to know what night. Hate to get people all excited and then not be able to show up.
Michelle
Mercury47
Lisle, IL
Post #: 454
Same here, we'd need to know the date and time before we can commit.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 39
Obviously we cannot ask for commitments until we give a date and time. ;) This thread was started to see if enough people were interested in GMing for an event, get an idea of what games we might be running, and a general idea of how large of a space we'll need for hosting this event based on interest. Katrina and I will talk to Josh or Eric at Fair Game this week to see if they would be willing to host this event sometime in February.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 40
Just got a reply from Eric at Fair Game. They are definitely interested in hosting. More details to come at the end of the week. Stay tuned! :)