addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › RPG Days at Fair Game!

RPG Days at Fair Game!

Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 118
That kinda falls into the 'more details will be available soon' category. I am waiting to hear back from Fair Game on how sign-ups for 13th Age organized play will be handled. I do not know if we can schedule them as Meetup events, or if it will be handled through the store. I'll let you know once I know.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 120
13th Age organized play Meetups have been scheduled (sorry for the spam)! This is a six part adventure titled Crown of the Lich King. We hope that new and old RPG gamers will join us.

Edit - To clarify, signing up for one adventure does not commit you to all six adventures. We understand people are busy and are prepared to a changing player base week by week. Each adventure has its own Meetup event so only sign-up for the ones you can attend.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 125
This was originally posted on July 30th in the comments section of 13th Age Organized Play - Crown of the Lich King (Part 1), but I wanted to share it here as a copy for future RPG events as well. Thanks for reading!

Hi folks! All of you are amazing and never give us anything to complain about, but I wanted to give a few quick friendly reminders on player etiquette among other things.

Table space - 13th Age is a newly release game and as such does not have anywhere near the following that Pathfinder or D&D have spent years building (yet!). Please leave larger tables for the Pathfinder / D&D groups that will be sharing the space with us. Don't worry, the "smaller" tables still have plenty of space for us to play comfortably! I say smaller in quotes because they still seat 6+ people just fine. There's extra folding chairs in the closet in the back if we need them.

Noise - Please keep in mind Fair Game is a family friendly store. We all know RPGs can be exciting, but please refrain from explicit language at the table and use your inside voices. :)

Most importantly: Fair Game has always had the wonderful policy of providing our group with free table space. They do not compete in price, they compete on value. They value building positive relationships with surrounding communities and as one of those communities we hope you value the store by extending your support. Making an in-store purchase is not a requirement of attending this event - we know money can be tight and we do not want your financial situation to stop you from having fun -, but if you need something we simply ask that you first consider buying it directly from the store.

If you need a miniature for your character we suggest you check out the amazing Bones miniature selection they just got in this week. If your dice are treating you wrong and you find yourself needing a new set, Fair Game has a great selection of new shiny dice to choose from. If you decide you love 13th Age (who wouldn't? :P ) and absolutely must own the book, Fair Game should have it stocked or be able to order it for you. Even if you have the munchies, Fair Game has plenty of drinks and snacks on hand to keep you going.

You, our awesome members, have always supported the Meetup group. We ask that you also extend that support to the businesses that make our Meetup events possible. Hosting organized play is a new endeavor for us and we want to keep it a positive one. We have no doubt you guys and gals will exceed our expectations with this as you always have. We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday! Thanks for reading! :)

-Sarah & Ben
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 136
The first 13th Age Organized Play adventure "Crown of the Lich King" is now concluded. Thank you to all of our players and Fair Game store for making the first organized play adventure a resounding success!

We will be posting a schedule for the next six week adventure, Wyrd of the Wild Woods, very soon. Stay tuned!
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 143
13th Age update -

The next 6 week organized play adventure will start on Sunday, November 10th. Ash Law emailed us this morning stating that there will be a slight break due to Halloween. Ben and I will be running a special one-shot adventure during Extra Life on Saturday, November 2nd. We'll get the details out soon.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 150
13th Age is back at Fair Game store starting Sunday, January 26th!

Adventure 4 is a 2nd level adventure called Shadow Port Shuffle that goes until the end of February.

Adventure 5 will be the first 4th level adventure. It is titled Rage of the Orc Lord and will start early March.

This is a great system for new and veteran RPG players alike! We hope to see you at the table. :)