Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Interest in a Sci-Fi RPG?

Interest in a Sci-Fi RPG?

Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 37
At the last 13th Age game, there was some tentative interest expressed for an as yet unspecific Science Fiction game... I'd be willing to run one, if enough people were interested.

Are you interested?

Matt.
Ben R.
user 39882602
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 21
I'd love to do a sci fi game at some point. I've been jonesing for a space opera for a while now.
Kurt
Mondoshawan
Wadsworth, IL
Post #: 60
I am interested. The when will determine if I am able to act on the interest though...
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 38
Here's what I'm thinking...

I'd like to use Star Wars during the Clone Wars as the setting. Knowledge of the Expanded Universe would be entirely optional. Anyone who has seen the six movies should feel comfortable playing.

I'd like it to be extended campaign, but... The games won't necessarily keep a regular schedule, and I'd also like to the keep the games fairly episodic, so that players can jump in or out as their Real Life schedules permit. Think of it as a series of one-shot games linked together by an over-all plot.

I'd like to use the new FAE (FATE Accelerated Edition) rules recently released for the FATE Core Kickstarter play test. They are quick to learn, easy to use, are very flexible and provide a lot of potential for awesomeness suitable to a B-rate big screen Saturday matinee space opera flick. I have a Word document of the rules (23 pages)... If anyone would like a copy to look over, just send me a PM/email.

I'd likely hold the games at Fair Game. Sunday afternoon seems to be a good time for most people, though I'd be open to other days and times, so long as Fair Games is okay with it.

Matt.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 77
Sundays is the RPG day at Fair Game. Store hours for Sunday are Noon - 5pm. What Sunday did you have in mind?
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 39
If I can get the people to do it, April 7th would be the first good Sunday for me.

If you can check into that for me, I'll work up a spiel for a meetup event.

Matt.
Delwugor
user 8803527
Romeoville, IL
Post #: 25
I'm interested.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 78
Matt, you're all set for Sunday, April 7th at Fair Game. Feel free to start your own meetup event or just email me the details and I can do it for you.
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 40
Out of curiosity... How do we change the limit on the number of RSVPs? I can't seem to find it.

Matt.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 79
If you are an Organizer, Co-Organizer, Assistant Organizer or Event Organizer, you can specify your RSVP settings when you're scheduling or editing a Meetup.

On the page with the Meetup details, scroll down to the section labeled 'RSVP settings.' Click on the sideways pointing arrow to expand this section, if it isn't already.

From here, you can set how many members can RSVP and the time frame of when they can RSVP.

You can also opt for a waiting list and determine the number of guests members are allowed to bring.

When you're done, do not forget to click on the red 'Schedule Meetup' or 'Change details' at the bottom of the page.

If you create a Meetup through the "Suggest a Meetup" button on the main page it does not give the extended tabs to set an RSVP limit, but if you go to the calendar, select a date, and click "Schedule a Meetup on this date" it does. Or at least it does for organizers. I didn't know you could create events through the calendar when I was a regular member so I don't know the difference.

Anyways, I set an RSVP limit for your event at 6. Five players + yourself.