addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Movie Outings 2013

Movie Outings 2013

Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 81
Now that the beginning of the year winter movie lull is behind us I am compiling a list of movies that I think the Meetup group would enjoy throughout the year. Posting a thread to get your thoughts / opinions and mostly so that I don't forget. ;) If you would like to add a movie to this list just let me know or feel free to suggest your own movie meetup.

Oblivion - April 19th
Iron Man 3 - May 3rd
Star Trek Into Darkness - May 17th
After Earth - June 7th
Man of Steel - June 14th
World War Z - June 21st
Pacific Rim - July 12th
The Wolverine - July 26th
Kick-Ass 2 - August 16th
Riddick - September 6th
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - October 4th
Ender's Game - November 1st
Thor: The Dark Worlds - November 8th
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - November 22nd
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - December 13th

*Dates subject to change.
A former member
Post #: 29
I'm down for all those, and would like to add some others, including some horror movies. We had a chat about this at the last Mitsuwa gathering, and it sounded like there are quite a few of us that enjoy scary movies. I'm willing to host these events too.

Evil Dead (2013)- April 5
Epic- May 24
Now You See Me- May 31
World War Z- June 21
The Conjuring- July 19
The World's End- August 23
Carrie- Oct 18

... And that's all I can find so far. Can you tell I like movies? :)
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 43
There's also the Movie Mondays at Paramount... Classic movies for $1 admission. A few notable ones are coming up:

Planet of the Apes (1968) - April 1
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - May 6
Labyrinth (1986) - May 27
Matthew
user 9192339
Batavia, IL
Post #: 46
There's also the Movie Mondays at Paramount... Classic movies for $1 admission. A few notable ones are coming up:

Two more coming up...

Christine (1983) - June
The Princess Bride (1987) - June 10
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 83
Studio Movie Grill's 7pm 2D showing of Iron Man 3 already has more than half the theater booked with only front rows open, so unless someone has a better suggestion we will likely be going to our regular theater at Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge to make sure everyone who wants to attend gets a seat. Meetup event will be posted once the movie schedule is available for May 3rd.
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 88
The current Marvel movie release schedule is as follows:
"Thor: The Dark World": November 8, 2013
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier": April 4, 2014
"Guardians of the Galaxy": August 1, 2014
"Marvel's The Avengers 2": May 1, 2015
"Ant-Man": November 6, 2015
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 91
Star Trek Into Darkness 2D is playing on 05/17 at Studio Movie & Grill in Wheaton at 7:00pm or at Cinemark at Seven Bridges at 8:50pm. Any preference? Since this falls on the same Friday as ACEN and a lot of people are attending ACEN, do you guys still want Star Trek to be a Meetup movie outing? Please let me know asap as some theaters have assigned seating.
Casey
user 56186482
Naperville, IL
Post #: 3
I posted a Suggested Event for Man of Steel Friday, 6/14, at 7:05 Cinemark Seven Bridges, so if anyone wants to do that, sign up!
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 110
This month the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove is featuring American Graffiti. Shown at the Tivoli Theatre on Friday, July 26 at Midnight (Saturday, July 27 12:01 a.m.). Admission is $5.

Also, here's the schedule for the remaining Cinemark Classic Series movies playing at the Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge:

Back to the Future
Sunday, July 14 (2pm)
Weds, July 17th (2pm & 7pm)

Animal House
Sunday, July 21 (2pm)
Weds, July 24 (2pm & 7pm)

American Graffiti
Sunday, July 28th (2pm)
Weds, July 31 (2pm & 7pm)

Ghostbusters
Sunday, Aug 4 (2pm)
Weds, Aug 7 (2pm & 7pm)

Dirty Dancing
Sunday, Aug 11 (2pm)
Wed, Aug 14th (2pm & 7pm)

Admission - $7.25 matinee price, $9.00 regular
Sarah
user 47838212
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 121
Next month the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove is featuring Airplane! An airplane crew takes ill. Surely the only person capable of landing the plane is an ex-pilot afraid to fly. But don't call him Shirley. Shown at the Tivoli Theatre on Friday, August 30th at Midnight (Saturday, August 13st 12:01 a.m.). Admission is $5.

http://www.classiccin...­