addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Get together to talk about writing / work on our projects

Get together to talk about writing / work on our projects

Brian C.
user 7264318
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Post #: 30
I've been told by several people that there's enough interest and desire in the group to host a meetup for people who enjoy writing. I know several people here who have talked about writing, and there are probably others as well who haven't said anything.

So one thing we could do is meet at a coffee shop someday, bring our laptops, talk about our personal projects, ask questions if we have them, engage in a writing exercise or two, and/or just work on our projects in the company of other writers in the group. I do this on an almost weekly basis and it's quite fun.

Who would be interested in doing this sometime, and when would you be available?
Brett
Brett-R
Chicago, IL
Post #: 115
I'm in..... Weekday evenings or Weekend Late Mornings are typically best for me.
Joseph
user 6148794
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 17
Good idea! I'm in as well, with the same "evenings and weekends" openings.
Brian C.
user 7264318
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Post #: 31
By the way, I was made aware that the Chicago Tribune is hosting a short story contest worth cash moneys (up to $3,500) and accepting submissions up until the end of the month. I'm going to try to write a story and get it submitted by then. I figure we're not going to have the meeting before the deadline though, so I'd go ahead and give people the heads up here.

Link: Chicago Tribune
Brian C.
user 7264318
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Post #: 33
March is already pretty busy for me. Let's do this in April sometime, maybe the afternoon of the 12th?
Brett
Brett-R
Chicago, IL
Post #: 123
I can do the afternoon of the 12th. Where? Perhaps somewhere with a touch of food and booze?