Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Sam's Server info for Minecraft and Mumble.

Sam's Server info for Minecraft and Mumble.

Samwise L.
Di9i7ALch3mis7
Naperville, IL
Post #: 1
Hello Fellow FGW.
I am posting this info as the topic came up during today's Meetup (Game of Thrones Marathon at Brian's).
I have a personal server that hosts Minecraft and Mumble.

Mumble is a voice chat client similar to Ventrilo or Teamspeak.
It basically is a Skype voice call room that is open all the time and anyone can join at any time. It actually has multiple channels so many people can have multiple conversations at once without crowding up the chat rooms.
You can download Mumble [url<span>=http://mumble.sourcefor­ge.net/]here[/</span>url].
Mumble Server info is as follows.
url: minersunited.us.to
port: 64738

You are free to use it for talking to each other during online games or for discussing meeting details.

Minecraft is a simple mine and craft adventure game where you harvest materials from the world and craft then into grand awe-inspiring structures or mind-boggling contraption made of complex circuitry. The game is run on an invite only whitelist policy so just shoot me a message with your Minecraft ID and I will add you to the whitelist. Note that the server is vanilla 1.7.4 at time of writing(2/23/2014) and will constantly be kept up to date with the official releases from Mojang. I do not run Bukkit or any other mods and have little plan to do so.
Everyone currently on the server are my personal friends and are also of the same FGW kind (except they are in Georgia and Cali). Come join and make new friends, have some fun. There aren't any rules but just be respectful of other people's fun. Don't destroy or move anything that a fellow player puts sentimental value to and everyone will have a great time.
Creative mode is granted to pretty much everyone so let your creative minds go wild.
Brian C.
user 7264318
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Post #: 32
My username on minecraft is SageClock.
A former member
Post #: 306
Hello,

My name is Tomika and I reside in Naperville. I'm looking to hire a mine craft expert who knows how to install mods and other things for my 9 year old son. I've tried nearly 10 times and I have not a clue. I'm willing to pay whatever for a crash course in setting up servers/joining servers/installing stuff. PLEASE Help if you can.
Samwise L.
Di9i7ALch3mis7
Naperville, IL
Post #: 2
Hello,

My name is Tomika and I reside in Naperville. I'm looking to hire a mine craft expert who knows how to install mods and other things for my 9 year old son. I've tried nearly 10 times and I have not a clue. I'm willing to pay whatever for a crash course in setting up servers/joining servers/installing stuff. PLEASE Help if you can.
Hello Tomika. I'm excited to learn that your son is interested in Minecraft. I used to install mods and am hosting a server so I think I can provide some answers to the questions you may have.

The minecraft player base is very large and the modding community is equally so. There are many different ways and depths you can mod the game to. I personally am a purist as it yields for best compatibility with servers and tons of resource from the wiki and youtube tutorials, but there surely is value to modding the game.

You can contact me via email logos50907@gmail.com or give me a call at 404.484.9759. I will share as much as I can.