Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Star Wars themed charity 5K run/3K walk Sunday, May 4th!

Star Wars themed charity 5K run/3K walk Sunday, May 4th!

Michelle
Mercury47
Manhattan, IL
Post #: 469
Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been around much due to me working nights and weekends (when everyone else is social).

As some of you know, I volunteer over at Wellness House in Hinsdale twice a month. It's a pretty awesome place that offers cooking classes, support, counseling, education, and so much more to patients and their families living with cancer, all free of charge!

Every year they do a charity run/walk event, and this year the theme is Star Wars. I'm hoping I can get some of you to either donate, or better yet join my team (we're called the Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herders)! My husband, Rick, will be doing the 5K run, and I'll be doing the 3K walk with my son. Yes, there will be costumes!

Please click here if you'd like to donate or join my team. This is an awesome local charity where you can actually SEE with your own eyes what your donation pays for.