addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Naperville's Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Club Message Board › Suggest books here!

Suggest books here!

Tricia G.
user 4591326
Hummelstown, PA
Post #: 35
Anything you'd like to read? Let's start a list. The list will lead to a poll, the poll will lead to a pick.

Ready? GO! :)
A former member
Post #: 28
A classic on my TBR list is Consider Phlebas, the first book in Iain Bank's Culture series.
Mike
user 38534262
Joliet, IL
Post #: 8
A big pile of things that seemed interesting to me: Schismatrix, Sector General, Mistborn, The Final Reflection, Rihannsu, Dhalgren, Dying Earth, Neuromancer (yeah, I haven't read it.), Cloud Atlas (ditto. I know, I know.), Accelerando, Make Room! Make Room!, Manifold: Space, Earthsea, Native Tongue, World War Z (no, haven't read that one, either.). Anyone know any good post-apocalyptic fiction?
Mike
user 38534262
Joliet, IL
Post #: 9
And I second Consider Phlebas, and anything that resembles the richness of http://www.orionsarm....­.
A former member
Post #: 29
Orion's Arm is a great hard scifi site, allot of work and dedication went into it.
Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison is another classic I have not read.
For a great Post-Apocalypse Wool Omnibusby Hugh Howey is a fabulous read. Or the (again) classic on my tbr list A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller.
Mike
user 38534262
Joliet, IL
Post #: 10
Another one: Ribofunk (post-post-cyberpunk).
Melissa P.
user 80272332
Saint Charles, IL
Post #: 1
Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos series. It will keep us busy for a long time and is a really fun read.
A former member
Post #: 30
I can see the 13 books in the series taking a while to read.
Fantasy wise I would suggest Jack Vance's The Dying Earth or Ursula Le Guin's A Wizard of EarthSea.
A former member
Post #: 40
A huge book - long read, but there is a film in development with Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) producing and starring in it... I have not read it yet: READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline... something about a Matrix-style situation with an ultimate payoff, and it is written with hilarious situations and insanely genius solutions. It has actually been incorporated into college course selections for literature, alongside Tolkein and S. King.
A former member
Post #: 137
Ready Player One is an awesome book. Very fun ready.