April 28, 2014 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Calling all Photographers, Artists, Videographers, Writers and Creatives!
Join us for a Creativity Workshop in April!
Banafsheh Ehtemam, documentary and fine art photographer will be our guest speaker.
Banafsheh is an explorer, artist, educator and curator. She is also the founder of the Boston Photography Center. Her impressive experience includes working as a National Geographic documentary photographer on assignments that have taken her from the borders of Iran and Iraq to the Amazon. In this special workshop topics that she will cover include:
1. You - your view. What you 'see' doesn't mean that is what you get and vice versa. Did you really want to create that and if yes, why?
2. Knowledge of being certain. Before you go on a shoot do your homework.
3. What is good and what's not good. You ended up with 5000 photos yet you have no idea what's good.
4. Post production, pre-production. What can be corrected and where you are out of luck.
5. My image. Your image. Competition is good but how do you know which ones to enter your work in?
6. How to see things and what you should see. Angles, proportion, style...
7. Money. The value of time, investments.
8. Dignity. What to shoot, what not to shoot.