Whether or not you live in Middle Tennessee, Alabama or Kentucky, interest in recreational kayaking is booming! Sign up for a hands-on private kayak lesson by an ACA (American Canoe Association) Certified Kayak Instructor who's taught over 800 new paddlers and written the book, Quiet Water Kayaking: A Beginner's Guide" based on the lessons. Kayak lessons includes all gear at no extra charge. During the lesson, you will try out a variety of kayaks to find the one that suits you perfectly. Also, once a month you'll have the opportunity to practice your new skills participating in a group paddle on a calm river led by the instructor, Leslie Dunn.
A day paddle on one of Middle Tennessee's beautiful calm rivers is like a mini-vacation, great outdoor exercise and, after purchase of boat and gear, averages out to years of inexpensive fun. It's a great way to meet new friends, too!
Here's comments from students:
• “ Lesson was great! Leslie, Thank you so much. Learned what to do, learned what not to do(and buy) and met some great people . Now to need to get out there and practice :) ” — Louise Stroop
• “ It was great. I got everything and more out of the lesson that I expected. Leslie was very informative and a fantastic instructor. I feel sure that I can now get in a Kayak and paddle with confidence. ”—Cindy Woodring
• “ After years of teaching, I don't know how Leslie gives so much to the lesson. Maybe its because she's done it for years. I've kayaked in the past but everything she taught us filled in the holes. Now I REALLY know how to kayak and how to keep my family safe on the water. ”— Will
• “ My husband and I took our first kayaking class last Saturday. It was absolutely the best! Leslie taught us about paddling, getting in and out of the boat and so many skills for safety. We were also able to try out a variety of kayaks to see which one was best. Don't wait, take her class and you will be hooked. ” — Nora C.
• “ I just did a Moonlight event . We had so much fun . I am still playing with this amazing group a year later . Always feel at Home with Leslie Dunn and the group. ” — Séamus McMeel
Private three hour kayak lessons restricted to groups of five. No large group teaching here! You'll learn a lot more with small group, one-on-one instruction. Learn how to kayak or improve your skills with a Certified Kayak Instructor with years of experience who is patient, safety-minded, enjoys passing the love of the sport to others and makes learning fun! The three hour private instruction class includes how to transport your boat, what to buy (and not buy), and practice your first Oops! with the safety of an instructor on hand.
p.s. I've been asked by students to include this: If you haven't already done so, do not purchase any gear or boat until after the kayak lesson. There's a lot from which to choose to purchase! After the lesson you will be able to make informed decisions and maybe save yourself a trip back to the store.
(Like my logo? Let Dan design one for you - he's the BEST! Here's how to reach Dan: Dan Logos)