Nashville Backpacker Meetup Message Board › March 12-13, 2011: BACKPACK: Foster Falls to Raven Point

March 12-13, 2011: BACKPACK: Foster Falls to Raven Point

Al B.
user 8245284
Nashville, TN
Post #: 3
I'm packing from Foster Falls to/from Raven Point in the South Cumberland next weekend. ~8 miles out / overnight at Raven Point / rise with the sun on Sunday morning / ~8 miles back.

Leaving Nashville 7:30AM sharp Saturday morning; about a 2 hr. drive; return by about 3:00PM Sunday. Could add one person/gear to my car; after that it's multiple or larger vehicles; or meet you there.

Anybody else interested?

[Not sure if I can post as an official event, not being a "coordinator" (but I AM coordinated biggrin ) so I'm just posting here.]

Eddy and S.
user 5632051
Old Hickory, TN
Post #: 45
wish we could go but we have a friend coming into town on Sunday. Have a good hike
wade r.
user 14177436
Nashville, TN
Post #: 1
Is this the fiery gizzard trail? I am a neewbe here and the trip sounds interesting.
Al B.
user 8245284
Nashville, TN
Post #: 4
It's the eastern end of the Fiery Gizzard trail.

The trip, however, may need to be postponed. We got a roof leak from the storm yesterday. I'm going to have to take care of that before I can get out and play. One must maintain domestic tranquility!

I'll make a decision by Wednesday after I talk to a contractor about a fix.

Al
Al B.
user 8245284
Nashville, TN
Post #: 5
Hike is ON for Saturday.

Ceiling hasn't fallen down, even with more rain, and the contractor hasn't called back to schedule a look-see. Time to hike!biggrin

Send me a PM to coordinate.

Al / "FishBone"