Nashville Backpacker Meetup Message Board › Foothills Trail in SC/NC July 18-22 or so?

Foothills Trail in SC/NC July 18-22 or so?

Raymond M.
Raymond.Myers
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 24
Anybody interested in possibly hiking the Foothills Trail in South Carolina (and a portion in NC), the week of July 18-22, 2011? It's about 75 miles, give or take, with lots of water and well maintained, but remote.

I've heard from a couple of members that they'd like to go. Anyone else? Can't say today that it will happen for sure, but am leaning that way.

Foothills Trail Conference

Exact dates are not critical, if someone needs to use a weekend for part of the hike, rather than a full work week.

Anyway, speak up if interested.

Rain Man

Kimber B.
user 11573887
Nashville, TN
Post #: 3
Anybody interested in possibly hiking the Foothills Trail in South Carolina (and a portion in NC), the week of July 18-22, 2011? ...

Man, I'd love to but just can't get away for that long - going to have to stick with 1 and 2 nighters for a couple of more years probably. Kimber
Raymond M.
Raymond.Myers
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 25
Man, I'd love to but just can't get away for that long - going to have to stick with 1 and 2 nighters for a couple of more years probably. Kimber

Well, Kimber and everyone else, don't fall into the trap of thinking it's "all or nothing." If you can only do a one or two nighter, then speak up and join us for those one or two nights. Won't hurt anyone's feelings if anyone can not do the entire hike, especially when it's a longer one.

Almost every hike I do crosses roads or comes near trailheads, side trails, parking lots, businesses, hostels, gas stations, etc., one or more times a day. So, joining us ... or bailing out early if need be for any reason ... is usually easy as pie.

RM

Eddy and S.
user 5632051
Old Hickory, TN
Post #: 49
from everything I have heard about this trail it is best to do it in the fall.