addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nashville Backpacker Meetup Message Board › Upcoming "LIghtweight Backpacking" Class

Upcoming "LIghtweight Backpacking" Class

A former member
Post #: 9
Hi -

Just wanted to let MeetUp members know of a class I'm offering on "Lightweight Backpacking" through Metro Nashville Public Schools - Community Education Commission. I'll be sharing my experience of hiking more than 800 miles on the Appalachian Trail over the last few years, lightening my load and increasing my enjoyment, while reducing the cost of long-distance hiking.

4 Tuesday Evenings 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, October 4 - 25, 2011, At the Cohn Adult Learning Center, 4805 Park Avenue, Nashville, TN (48th & Charlotte); $49

Class 1:
• Leave No Trace Ethics
• Lightweight Backpack Contents
• Clothing Worn and Packed
Class 2:
• Shelter Systems
• Sleep Systems
Class 3:
• Water Treatment
• Cooking Equipment / Food Selections
• Personal Hygiene / First Aid / Emergency Response
Class 4:
• Electronics / Ditty
• Packs
• Route Finding / Trail Guides
• Trip Planning / Backpacking Resources

For more information and to register for the class, go to: Nashville Community Education

Happy Trails!!!
Al "FishBone" Baran
Raymond M.
Raymond.Myers
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 26
Looks good, whether newbies or not, for picking the brains of an accomplished "lightweight" backpacker! I've hiked with Al several times and have learned a lot from him. Rain Man

Lisa Presley ".
presley1159
Nashville, TN
Post #: 20
Love to be there! Always welcome advice! Can I mention on Nashville Hiking Meetup?
A former member
Post #: 10
Rain Man - thanks for the endorsement!

Lisa - Feel free to share the class posting with whoever might be interested!

FishBone
A former member
Post #: 12
Lisa -
I didn't see your post on my class in the MdTN Hiking MeetUp when I checked the other day, so I posted the class info there.

Please continue to spread the word as appropriate.

Thanks.

Al
A former member
Post #: 14
Just a reminder; the Lightweight Backpacking class is one week away! The weather is turning cooler and the colors will soon be turning - a great time to be in the woods!

The class provides a guide to low impact, low-cost and lightweight back country travel. Enjoy the outdoors more by carrying and spending less. Inexpensive cottage industry gear makers, internet resources, hiking forums/hiking clubs.

4-weeks starting next Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM, at the Cohn Adult Learning Center, 48th & Charlotte. $ 49

For more information and to register go to Nashville Community Education

Al Baran