Nashville Backpacker Meetup Message Board › spring break trip

spring break trip

Laurel
user 55694052
Nashville, TN
Post #: 3
MTSU Spring break is 9-15 of March anyone up for a back pack? Hoping for a high elevation trip. I work S/M 8p-8a and backpack the Benton Mackaye 16/17 into GA.
Laurel
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Laurel! I am out for Spring Break that week. I am backpacking through Sunday the 10th, and then backpacking th the Cumberland Trail ( Piney River) on 15/17th. I would love to go backpacking during the week, but I don't want to go too far away. What did you have in mind? I wouldn't mind some long day hikes with base camping, too.
Laurel
user 55694052
Nashville, TN
Post #: 5
well, I have never done signal mountain. Have done Pickett park and parts of big south fork but not frozen head. Raymond talked about part of the Cumberland trail. Where are you going thru the 10th?
A former member
Post #: 15
I am going to Cane Creek Canyon Preserve with the Meetup on the 9th/10th, and then backpacking with Tennessee Trails group at the Piney River section of the Cumberland Trail on the 16/17. ( there is room on that trip if you want to come). Raymond led us on the Signal Mtn. section a few weeks ago. It was gorgeous, and I want to do it again!!!!
I think Raymond did the Frozen Head section - not sure how it is, how to get to it, how strenuous though. We'd have to ask him. What are your plans?