Welcome to Nashville Women Programmers! We host meetings on the first and third Saturday of every month. Come to code, learn, meet like-minded people, and have fun!
This group is hosted by women programmers with the goal to build a welcoming environment to learn and to grow diversity in the programming field.
We have three main goals:
1. Provide an encouraging space where you can work on materials best suited to your programming interest, skill level, and learning style. If you are completely new to programming, we will get you set up with resources to learn.
2. Discover new things to learn through the organic conversations that take place.
3. Connect women programmers and supporters so that we can have friends with whom to attend the other programming events in town.
We embrace the Lambda Jam Conference Diversity Policy and welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, identity, and self-identification.
What to Bring
- A laptop, tablet, smartphone, or pen/paper.
- Whatever projects, resources, tutorials, or reading materials you would like to work through.
- Headphones if you doing online video tutorials or like listening to music while you code.
- Any guests who are also interested in learning to code and/or increasing diverse participation in tech.
- Our meeting overlaps with lunchtime. Feel free to bring a packed lunch (Nashville Software School has a fridge and microwave). Or bring some cash to get food with the group—either ordering in food or getting food nearby to bring back and eat.
What to Expect
- Free to attend.
- Free internet.
- Free coffee.
- The meeting format is a casual, come-and-go style, co-working and studying time, with a nice balance of socializing and working.
- Our group has adopted the Hacker School Social Rules. We seek to provide an environment of encouragement, openness, and support so all who attend can feel comfortable, welcome, and free to ask questions and grow.
- We do not have speakers. If you’re interested in a women-in-tech focused group with speakers, check out Nashville Girl Geek Dinner. Also, most Nashville coding user groups provide regular presentations. A growing list of those groups is kept here.
Every first and third Saturday. 10am—2pm. Come-and-go format. For the most updated meeting information, check this Meetup group.
Nashville Software School
283 Plus Park Blvd
Nashville, TN 37217
How To Find Us
283 Plus Park Blvd is a plain grey one story commercial/industrial building with glass all along the wall facing the parking lot. If you face the building from the parking lot, our entry door is at the far right hand end of the building, as far away from Park Plus Blvd. as you can go. When you see a sign on the door for Nashville Software School, you’re in the right place. Come on in and follow the signs to our meeting room.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us, your organizers, via Meetup. We look forward to seeing you!