addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WordPress Nashville Message Board › Google ID fraud

Google ID fraud

bob h.
user 32747702
Bell Buckle, TN
Post #: 1
Ever seen this before? I think I will throw this out to my WordPress group and Nashville SEO (if that's ok with you Judy?) - no names.

I have an attorney that I did some social media marketing for in an election this past March, which included some placement on Facebook, Google+ and other SM's. She emailed me yesterday and said the wrong phone number was showing up on some Google searches*. I went to look on Google maps first and saw her law firm listed, and it had all the correct information. But there was one review, and it was negative. I called her back, and found out the name of this Google+ member was nowhere in her records of any client, or individual she has ever consulted with.

On Google maps under her law firm:
Review: Cxxxxx Wxxxx reviewed 2 months ago
Quality Poor to fair - I believe this is the most unsympathetic "attorney" or even human I have ever ran across. She was very rude and uninformative! I would never recommend her to anyone, EVER!!

I drilled deeper into this reviewer, named Cxxxxx Wxxxxx, and saw on Google+ that “he” had 2 friends on the profile. Guess what? She had consulted with them and decided not to take their case, which they were not very happy about.

I think it very probable that this couple (or the mother of one of them that was present at the time) created this fictitious Google+ account in order to disguise their identity. Google+ has an option to challenge the identity of any member, and I think that's the best course of action her. Normally I would advise against challenging a negative review, but in this case it's not the review (although I believe it to be unfounded based on what I have heard about the individuals), it's the likelihood that this identity is fake, which according to my attorney friend Mo Syed, may allow the FTC to intercede since this may fall under identity fraud. He is going to reach out to some of his attorney connections in D.C., but is on his way to Mexico as we speak. He said the state my have some legal advise as well, but this seems pretty clear cut to me.

* I was having a wrong phone number show up ONLY on my Google+ iPhone app, and no where else. I submitted two tickets to Google and, the last time I checked, it was removed. No idea how, or why this occurred, or why my client has the same thing happening on another platform.