addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WordPress Nashville Message Board › Virus on my blog

Virus on my blog

Ashley H.
AshleyH
Franklin, TN
Post #: 4
Can anyone help me out- I have a virus on my blog apparently. I got a pingback from another blog that looked legit, so I clicked on it (bad bad bad idea) and now things are hyper linked on my blog that I have not assigned links to. I am hosted through Blue Host and I really have no idea where to start. Thanks.
Randy H.
randy-hicks
Nashville, TN
Post #: 40
Ashley,

I'm not 100% sure I understand from your description, but from what I understand it's not possible for you get attacked from clicking on a legitimate pingback.

Some Questions:
1. Have you installed any new plugins in the last couple of day?
2. Are the "spam" links nested in your blogposts or in pages?
3. what is your sites domain so I could take a peak