Welcome Vegan Women!
This is a social group for vegan women. The intention of this group is for vegan women to meet and socialize with other vegan women. I envision this to be a small group of women to get to know each other and attend social events where being vegan is the "norm".
Except for the fact that all members are vegan, this group is just a regular women's social group, going to lunches, dinners, meetings in homes, cooking, crafts, knitting or crocheting, exercise, diet & nutrition, day trips to the bay area, art galleries, wine tasting, and/or anything else we think of. It can be whatever we would like it to be. The 2 requirements are that all members are women, and all events are vegan friendly.
With that in mind I decided to develop some guidelines:
1) Only events that are specific to this Vegan Women's Social Group will be posted as meetups. I belong to several other groups and my inbox is constantly filling up with several meetup announcements for the same event. Everyone is welcome to use the discussion boards to cross post events that they're interested in. But all events posted on this meetup will be Vegan Women's Social Group specific events.
2) Since the intention is for vegan women to get to know each other, most events will be limited to members only. There may be occasional meetups that will include SO's or friends, but for the most part, if you have a women friend that would be interested in attending with you to these events, please invite them to join up. I would like to get to know other vegan women, as I'm sure others who joined this group would.
3) Along the lines of this being a social group, please be social. Members who join up and are inactive for long periods of time, never attending, RSVPing or visiting the site, will be removed. If you were removed from the group, feel free to rejoin again when you have time to participate.
4) An RSVP is a commitment to attend. If you are unable to attend something that you RSVP'd "yes" to, please change your RSVP. No Shows are no no's and may get you deleted from the group.
5) More guidelines could be included as we go on.
This meetup group is not associated with any other vegetarian/vegan meetup groups or organizations.
Please, no business solicitations or activities.
Q: What do you find most difficult about being vegan?
A: Well, I suppose it is the social aspect - excommunicating myself from that part of life where people meet to eat. The only way this problem can be eased is by veganism becoming more and more acceptable in guest houses, hotels, wherever one goes, until one hopes one day it will become the norm. ~Donald Watson (Vegan founder 1944)
excerpt from a 3 hour taped interview by Vegan Society Trustee and Author of The Vegan Passport George D. Rodger on 15 December 2002.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.