It's still high summer, but from a business perspective it's time to be thinking about the events you want to offer this fall and winter.
Here are the 5 things we'll be focusing on in this mini-session:
• What type of workshops or events do I want to offer? What are the areas you love to share and teach about? What subjects are you knowledgeable in, where other people are hungry to learn more?
• What is the purpose of this offering? Are you simply imparting knowledge? Raising awareness? Growing and nurturing your students and community? Looking for personal recognition? Hoping to serve others? Be transparent with yourself about your goals and methods.
• Who am I trying to reach? Is it an event for current clients, new students, or both? Beginning, intermediate, or advanced? What age range? What activities or life areas does your material support? How will the right people find out about my event or offering?
• Where will my events take place? What area of the city or county are your existing clients concentrated in? What kind of environment will support your material best? Do you already have or know of suitable spaces?
• How much should I charge? There are important reasons to offer free events, and important reasons to charge for events. We'll discuss ways to come up with a pricing schema that is aligned with your business and mission.
This isn't a totally comprehensive planning session, but attending will get you on schedule for creating and spreading the word about your fall events. Handouts and local resources will be provided to participants.