LA and OC Planning for a Natural Birth Message Board › Just moved to LA ... What's the best natural birth route?

Just moved to LA ... What's the best natural birth route?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Ladies!

I'm so glad I found this group! I just moved to the south bay from the new York area and I am now expecting our third baby! I'm in very early stages and don't have a doctor/midwife yet.

I birthed my first two babies naturally in a very natural birth friendly hospital and want to find the best natural option for my third! I have heard of the ucla midwives but to mixed reviews and haven't really heard of many hospitals with birth centers or that seem nat birth friendly. My impression so far seems like its home birth or take your risk at a hospital. Is that true? I'm certainly not opposed to the home birth option, it just isn't something I'd considered before.

Would really appreciate any recommendations/advice you may have!!!

Thanks!

Lauren
A former member
Post #: 1
I had also assumed I could deliver at a birthing center (like my Mom did), but in 2010 there weren't any options near me in Los Angeles. We decided on a homebirth and found an AMAZING midwife. It really is a safe option...especially since most people live pretty close to a hospital in case a transfer is necessary. We absolutely LOVED our midwife Davi Khalsa of TLC Midwifery, but I'm not sure she drives to the South Bay. Definitely give her a call and ask!

That being said, I know of at least one birthing center that has since opened: The Sanctuary near Venice/Marina Del Rey

I've also heard good things about Art of Nursing Midwives and I believe they go to the South Bay.

I'm sure you'll find something just right for you. Best wishes! -Sara