addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nature Photographers Meetup! Message Board › Hey let’s get to know each other!!!

Hey let’s get to know each other!!!

Sandi
user 8638852
Group Organizer
Spring Grove, IL
Post #: 30
Hi Jayne, smile It was really nice meeting you too!!! It will be nice getting to know you better and shooting together! I remember shooting with those little cameras too... lol... in High School... The digital is really a whole new world isn't it? Lot's to learn about... but lot's of fun!
Italy would be awesome wouldn't it? I've never been anywhere... but the U.S. well, except for the in the Caribbean. My dad does beautiful stain glass work but hasn't for awhile now... I would love to see your work... I'm into watercolor painting when I do art work... other than photography. If you ever take a picture of your work, maybe you could post it at our site...

nice talking to you Jayne,
Sandi

Sandi
user 8638852
Group Organizer
Spring Grove, IL
Post #: 268
Hi Margo, I went to your site and your photos and art are beautiful! It was really nice learning more about you and now I am really looking forward to hanging out with you sometime... and shooting and stuff!

Sandi

Margo M.
user 10764237
Morris, IL
Post #: 77
*How did you first get interested in photography?
I have always loved photograrphy, but I shot mostly snapshot family and vacation types of photos. About 8 years ago, I joined a camera club and started to study and practice photography. Initially I was doing film/slide format but quickly went to digital and never looked back. I love the creative side of digital too, such as Photoshop and Corel Painter programs.

*Have you had a lot of experience with Nature Photography or just starting out?
I have always been a nature girl at heart. My father was a dairy farmer when I was very little and I have always had an affinity for being outside. Nature photography fits into my love for spending time outdoors and soaking up nature. I would say that most of my photography is of nature, but I also enjoy other forms of subjects.

*What other things keep you busy?
I work as a nurse, I watch my 1 year old grandson quite a bit, as my daughter works full time and her husband is in school. I also care for my mother in law since she cannot drive anymore. I am the president of Morris Camera Club. I am also a member of the Morris Area Garden Club. I stay extremely busy and love being on the go. I enjoy gardening, cooking, being on the internet (way too much) and of course photography. I have a photography website (www.margomcintyrephotocreations.com)

*What would be your Dream Place to go Photographing?
I would like to take about 3-4 weeks and travel throughout Alaska.
A former member
Post #: 40

*How did you first get interested in photography?
My father was a photographer and as far back as I can remember he always had a camera. He was in an accident when I was 13 and after that I became interested in cameras myself. Took a photography class in high school and have been shooting since..

*Have you had a lot of experience with Nature Photography or just starting out?
I would say that I have been shooting nature photography for the last 10 years or so, not so much before that, but it is one of my favorites. I also love concerts and sports up there with it. Portraits as well, depending on the subjects.

*What other things keep you busy?
I love bicycling, just bought a new Gary Fisher and it is main form of exercise. In the winter I rejoin the gym. I also love reading. Especially books by Kelley Armstrong and I like some of the Katie McAllistar (sp). My son also keeps me busy, I like to play with him and take him to new places. We go camping and 4 wheeling a lot with my Jeep and our ATV.

*What would be your Dream Place to go Photographing?
I love to go to other countries, and think that is the best opportunity to photograph nature and people, and other cultures.. I am planning a trip to Ireland or Italy next..