As it turns out, I can't do it all. I need help!!! :)
I've been getting great event ideas emailed to me, but I'm finding that I'm too busy to get these events off the ground myself and/or they're at museums and such that I've already seen three too many times... or... I'm too squeamish :)
I'd request that you, as an assistant organizer, would
1. run event ideas by me before you post 'em
2. don't cross post between groups (people tell me it confuses them, 'cuz even nerds get confused sometimes)
3. show up and host, either carry a meetup sign or print out an attendance sheet to make sure everyone that signs up has to opportunity to find the group.
I'll keep paying the membership fee, so no worries 'bout having to cough up cash if you're considering being an assistant organizer.
here's a sample of events:
* science on screen - monday night movies at the coolidge
* Peabody Essex Museum in Salem
* the museums at Harvard and MIT.
* that 'body' exhibit out in Natick.
* nerdly movies
* various lecture and book signings around town
* wadeva else strikes your fancy
I've met nothing but great people at these Nerd Fun events, and we've got a bunch of members these days.
HeatherNerd Fun - Boston