Nerd Fun - Boston Message Board Nerd Fun - Boston - Event Related Discussion › Your input is wanted (new poll)

Your input is wanted (new poll)

Eric
user 8776856
Cambridge, MA
The Museum of Science may be able to arrange a special Nerd Fun lecture if there is enough interest.
Please respond to the poll if this sounds interesting to you. Even if you don't care about the topic, the number of poll responses will provide an idea of potential attendance as well.
http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/polls/­
A former member
Post #: 104
Hi,
I son't want any private setting regardless of the topic. This was not an option in the poll.

It seems like everything is somehow private. Where are the events where people are going at places at the regular time, and that's not reserved for the group?

I don't want something exclusive to the group. I want to meet people and go places. If we want to do something isolated, it should only be with people I have already met. When people make plans to go out, places won't be isolated all the time.

A good alternative would be to go to this museum, or another museum, at the regular time, without making any special reservations. Weekends, morning to early afternoon would be fine.
Vip
Doreen C.
Doreenx
Medford, MA
Post #: 63
First, I rather doubt that you have met all 6000+ members of nerd fun. Second, that is how you make friends...going places and doing things with the sane people now and again. If you just wsnt to meet random people then go places randomly by yourself. The whole point of meetup us to meet people who like to do the same things you do. This special meetup event for a few hundred nerds is brilliant! No matter where you sit or who you talk to there will be fellow nerds around you. I find that a comforting idea. People outside of meetup groups are not generally interested in meeting and befriending strangers while they are out and about with their own private groups. Most people don't attend events solo. Meetup allows people to go to an event alone...yet not by themselves.
Eric
user 8776856
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 7
...going places and doing things with the sane people now and again.
Sane | Define Sane at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/sane‎
free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person. 2. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice

Freudian Slip? You decide :) I'm saying accurate.