We're now meeting once a month to do cool stuff. Join a conversation, or bring your own idea to pitch.
We've got a bunch of awesome projects underway:
• DIY air quality monitoring: Help us figure out how to build, install, use, and share air quality monitors and data. We're especially keen on how to create school programs to teach kids about air pollution, air quality data, and what they can do to use data to influence policy.
• Grassroots bioblitzes: We're building an ongoing program of grassroots, citizen science bioblitzes where we use our smartphones and the iNaturalist platform to gather tons of data about the plants, animals, and fungi of local parks. Awesome!
• Monitoring change: We created a project to monitor landscape change and fire recovery. Help us refine the project and work on exporting the model. http://nerdsfornature.org/monitor-change/
• Drones for Science: We have a slew of cool partners to create hardware to study the outdoors.
• Your project? Nerds for Nature is all volunteer, all grassroots. Bring your project ideas!