The Cambridge NetSquared Meetup Group Message Board › Venue Suggestions

Venue Suggestions

Lee T.
user 8733272
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 1
I couldn't comment on Claire's idea so I'll start a thread on it here. I know at the Cambridge Geek Night tomorrow, the Cambridge Student Union are doing a quick talk on using their venue for events. I've not seen the place before but it could be a possibility if a better venue is needed. I'll report back once I hear what they say.

The Arts Picturehouse bar is very nice but because you can't really fence yourself off an area to yourselves it can be quite cramed & noisy.

Lee,
Robin N.
user 12100408
Cambridge, GB
I have a dim recollection that the meeting rooms in the Central Library might be free for community organisations.
Claire S.
ClaireSale
Jiddah, SA
I have a dim recollection that the meeting rooms in the Central Library might be free for community organisations.

Thanks Robin, I'm working on a few leads right now and will add that to the list! In the meantime, we definitely have a venue for the August event which I'm juuuust about to post!
Claire S.
ClaireSale
Jiddah, SA
Post #: 2
I couldn't comment on Claire's idea so I'll start a thread on it here. I know at the Cambridge Geek Night tomorrow, the Cambridge Student Union are doing a quick talk on using their venue for events. I've not seen the place before but it could be a possibility if a better venue is needed. I'll report back once I hear what they say.

The Arts Picturehouse bar is very nice but because you can't really fence yourself off an area to yourselves it can be quite cramed & noisy.

Lee,

I really wish I could have been there last night! It sounded like the speakers were really great. What did you think of the event? Also, any feedback on the venue? Thanks so much for checking out that lead.