This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Lafayette, LA
Bizzuka has an immediate opening for a Network Administrator to support the rapidly growing infrastructure needs of our organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in cloud computing and virtual server environments in addition to extensive knowledge of PCs, Macs, IP based phone systems and mobile devices.
The Network Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of Bizzukaâ€™s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Exchange server and telephone system. This includes maintaining the network hardware and software, monitoring the network to ensure network availability to all system users, and performing necessary maintenance to support network availability. May plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Verify nightly computer backups on all servers.
- Provide support for the server exchange and the e-mail functionality internally.
- Correct and remove failed e-mails from the e-mailbot.
- Provide support for the company PCâ€™s and laptops.
- Provide support for IP and company cell phones.
- Conduct training and support on software.
- Manage and monitor all servers.
- Monitor internal and external server performance (measurable performance).
- Research and make recommendations for improvements to the infrastructure.
- Provide new hardware specs and handle ordering as required.
- Install and configure hardware.
- Configure and manage routers and VPN.
- Verify, define, and document internal processes.
- Perform tax system updates.
- Generate monthly reports related to server performance and usage.
- Oversee the Microsoft domain controller configuration management.
- Verify the Microsoft Exchange configuration and manage the system and upgrades.
- Proactively support the internal network and infrastructure, and the production servers and disaster recovery.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Four year degree in IT or a related field.
- Minimum of five years experience in network administration.
- A+ certification is desired.
- Experience in training, teaching, or knowledge transfer.
- Must be proficient in working with the following: IT, Networking, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, Exchange, ASP/VBScript, IP Phone System experience, and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Requires superior attention to detail.
- Must possess outstanding problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask, accomplish tasks with frequent interruptions, and meet deadlines. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.