add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Netherlands Hadoop User Group Message Board › Time for a new organiser!

Time for a new organiser!

A former member
Hi Hadoopers,
After almost two years and about 400 pizza's it's time for a new NL HUG organiser. GoDataDriven's Friso van Vollenhoven, whom most of you probably know, has kindly offered to take over. He has a great track record in organising meetups (even tonight he's doing the Amsterdam Applied Machine Learning meetup), he knows his elephant and he's fun to have a slice of pizza with - an ideal candidate :-)
I want to thank you, the community, for the great meetups we've had and being a part of our community. It's been a fun trip, and I hope it'll keep on going!
As for me, I have been working on my start-up Lucipher over the last year. We're in the business of data (& cybersecurity) but not specifically Hadoop anymore. I'll still attend the HUG meetups though - bootstrapping is expensive and takes a lot of time, so good company, free pizza and drinks are more welcome than ever ;-)
Thanks, and hope to see you all again soon,
Evert Lammerts