New England BCU 5 Star / ACA Level 5 Aspirants (NE5STAR) Message Board › Training trip opportunities?

Training trip opportunities?

Kevin B.
user 49483852
Group Organizer
Beverly, MA
Post #: 12
One of the main reasons I started this group was so that folks planning to assess at the 4* and 5* level could run trips of like-minded individuals. After a brutally cold winter, perhaps we can start thinking about a few meet ups to post. Any ideas? Guidelines?

Probably obvious to everyone, I think any trip planned should have the potential minimum of 4* conditions and does not have to be an epic trip. For those interested in 5*, two day overnight kayak camping trips would be ideal.
Phil A.
Phil_Allen
Brookline, MA
Post #: 13
I'm overly scheduled through mid may, but afterwards I'm looking forward to it. I've also parsed the tidal current tables for Popham, and there are some bigger ebbs on the weekends of 6/14; 7/12, 8/9 and 9/7. Unfortunately the biggest ebbs of the year seem to fall in the very early hours.

best

Phil
Josko C.
user 71739052
Woods Hole, MA
Post #: 8
I am looking at a two night trip out of Woods Hole in late May: Woods Hole - Cuttyhunk - around Nomans island back to Cuttyhunk - Woods Hole. Stay two nights at a Cuttyhunk inn. Middle day is an ambitious, exposed, 25 mile trip. Please let me know if interested

So, you folks doing anything this weekend? I got a pool session on Sunday, (4/6) but a bunch of us are planning on paddling somewhere near Westport, MA, maybe Sakonnet, if conditions allow. Anyone?
Kevin B.
user 49483852
Group Organizer
Beverly, MA
Post #: 13
Josko, I have a session on Saturday that I have to attend unfortunately. If you end up switching to Sunday for whatever reason, keep me posted.