New Haven Wine and Dining Meetup Group, Message Board › Connecticut Weather

Connecticut Weather

Denise B.
user 10321540
Greenwich, CT
Last night we had a scheduled meetup for The Duprees, Chiffons, and Teenagers - the first in the concert series for the Hamden Green. The weather turned called and nasty just before the concert was scheduled to start so they moved it in doors to Hamden High School - there were only 600 tickets given out - I managed to talk them into giving me more in anticipation that the 14 people that still said they were going to show up - actually showed - there was less then a handful that made the concert a few had the courtesy to call and let me know they would not make it but for the most part several did not extend me that courtesy. As a organizer I held onto those extra tickets to the very last because I wanted to take care of those people that said they were going to show "AND DID NOT". Needless to say it was by far one of the best concerts I have seen in years and I could not imagine it being this good if it had been on the Green - we swayed and sang to all our favorite motown songs with the Teenagers and Chiffons and then the four Jersey boys hit the stage called the Duprees my mouth hit the floor not only did they have style - they sang great songs from such artists as Bobby Darin and Lionel Richie including there own hits. By far it was a night that I will remember for years to come. It is unfortunate that many of you can not say the same!

Denise Brown