Hope everyone is as excited as I am about this trip tomorrow! Weather forecast for the area is looking awesome: mostly sunny, high of 71. A few last minute things:
• Remember, no glass is allowed on the bus (event company rule). Any bottle/growler purchases made at the breweries can be stored under the bus on the way back. You *can* bring snacks/personal coolers – just be sure they’re small enough to fit on the bus with you. If you’re bringing your own [glass] growler to refill at the breweries, just be sure you keep it in your cooler.
• Bus departs Mekong at 10 am. Please arrive no later than 9:45 am at the latest to allow time for check in.
• I’m going to send my cell # out to all "yes" RSVPs so you'll have it just in case , so watch for that. Also, please keep an eye on the event comment thread Saturday morning, in case of any last minute updates.
*Update 9/21/13* Ticket sales for this trip will close at Noon TOMORROW (Monday, September 23rd). If you're on the fence be sure you buy your ticket this weekend.
Details are now finalized for the Richmond Beer Lovers' first ever Brewery Bus Tour to Charlottesville! A bus full of fun people, a fall day in the mountains, and great craft beer -- what's not to love? Big thanks to Erika for letting me share this with the RNIT crowd :)
Please read all of the information below before RSVPing.
A few important points:
Use this link to RSVP and pay for your tour ticket:
Once you have purchased your ticket, please RSVP here and leave a comment confirming your purchase. RSVPing on Meetup does not guarantee you a spot -- you must purchase a ticket from the website.
• We'll be visiting three breweries outside of Charlottesville: Wild Wolf Brewing Company, Devil's Backbone Brewing Company, and Blue Mountain Brewery.
• Cost is $60 per person, or $65 with lunch. Details on that are below.
• We can bring food and drink on the bus, however, NO GLASS is allowed. Bottle/growler purchases can be stored below the bus on the way back.
• Bus is departing from and coming back to Mekong. Plenty of parking is available behind the restaurant, and we can hang out there for dinner once we get back. An is looking forward to having us!
• There are 53 seats available on the bus, but we must have at least 30 sold to make this trip happen. Feel free to tell your friends and send them the link to purchase tickets. If we don’t meet the 30 person minimum, the trip may be cancelled, so please, purchase your ticket early, spread the word and share the ticket link! Let's fill this bus!
• The itinerary times below are estimated (chances are we’ll get back to Richmond closer to 6:00 pm)
Here are details copied from the tour site (with a few edits by me):
This trip includes transportation to and from Richmond, Virginia, a flight at each brewery, and an optional lunch. You will also have plenty of time at each brewery to try more of any beer you liked or sample their food at your own expense.
IMPORTANT: One detail that we must mention is that glass is, unfortunately, NOT allowed on the bus, so please put any beverages you want to bring on the bus in other containers. Glass may be transported in the area underneath the bus if you want to bring something back to Richmond.
When you place your order, please indicate your lunch preference as you have several options. You may bring your food from home or purchase food at either of the three breweries we visit as they all serve as full restaurants. Please choose the "Bring My Own" option if you would prefer to do either of these things. If you don't want to worry about bringing your own food, you can purchase a Subway Lunch box (sandwich of your choice, chips, cookie, bottle of water) for $5 and we'll bring it along for you.
Itinerary is below.
9:30-9:45 am – meet in Mekong parking lot
10:00 am- Bus departs Mekong
11:30 am- Arrive at Wild Wolf Brewing Company (optional tour included)
11:40 am- FREE flight at Wild Wolf
12:45 pm- Leave Wild Wolf Brewing Company
1:00 pm- Arrive at Devil's Backbone Brewing Company
1:10 pm- FREE flight at Devil's Backbone
2:15 pm- Leave Devil's Backbone Brewing Company
2:30 pm- Arrive at Blue Mountain Brewery
2:40 pm- FREE flight at Blue Mountain
4:00 pm- Leave Blue Mountain Brewery
5:30 pm- Arrive back at Mekong