|Sent on:||Sunday, April 1, 2012 11:46 AM|
Dear RNIT Members:
It is that time of year again when we realize that the number of events that Richmond New in Town hosts is starting to dwindle, so we are stepping it up by adding a significant number of events to our calendar. Over the past three months, our team of 117 organizers has spent all of their free time researching upcoming events to put on our Meetup calendar. Their research is now complete, and we are proud to say that we have just added a total of 1,325 Meetups to our calendar--a total of 5 additional Meetups every day from today all the way until December 21, 2012, which we all know is the end of the world, so it’s rather pointless to schedule Meetups after that day.
No matter what kind of things you like to do, there is something for everyone on our new and improved calendar. A few samples of the upcoming Meetups we have posted include:
- Day trip to Virginia Beach for the Giant Squid Wrestling Games
- The Cheese Grater and Potato Peeler Festival at the RIR Complex
- Underwater bowling at the Richmond Aquarium
- Tarantula eating competition at Buffalo Wild Wings
- IMAX Documentary: The History of the Flip-Flop (Narrated by Morgan Freeman)
- West End Cooking Class: Delightful Dishes with Jellyfishes
- Visit the newest Children’s Museum exhibit: The History of Pornography
- Return trip to the Richmond Virtual Reality Complex: Experience Chilean Mining!
- Join us as we go over Niagara Falls in a barrel!
- Road trip to Madagascar (Note: This Meetup may take more than 24 hours.)
And of course, what calendar would be complete without an official End of the World party on December 21, 2012? We’ll be heading out to Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, to enjoy the end of the world as VIP guests, so we can go out in luxury.
Want to see the full calendar of all our events? Just click here.