New Tech Meetup of Central PA Message Board › New startup looking for Lancaster-based lead developer/architect

New startup looking for Lancaster-based lead developer/architect

John C.
jmcaddell
Group Organizer
Hershey, PA
See below message from Charlie Crystle on his new startup and its need for a lead developer/architect:

Hello!
First, a shout-out to Austin Ginder, who did a great job for a challenging client this past winter--he did a really nice job and I recommend him as a front-end developer.

Next...the news:

I'm starting a new company with my longtime friend Vic Cho. Vic was a VP at iVillage, then Intuit, and most recently CEO of KodakGallery. His idea is big and inspiring, so when he asked me to join him as co-founder, I immediately said yes.

After he visited Lancaster two weeks ago, we decided to build & support the product here in the big city, with HQ out in San Francisco.

The startup is in the crowd-funding space, with the overall intent of catalyzing both global and local positive change (that's as much as I can say right now).

We're looking for an excellent, confident, experienced, fast, flexible architect/dev lead to join us on the mission.

The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of web product (actual product, not just websites) development experience, sensible testing & documentation approaches, experience designing stable RESTful APIs, good communication skills (no radio silence please), and tolerance for light specs and changing requirements. Ultimately you might have the chance to build a team around you and take a leadership role.
The likely stack is in and around:

• Mongodb
  • Node/Express (at least 6 months of demonstrable experience)
  • Backbone/JQ/Angular
  • Possibly Socket.io
  • For mobile we're staying native, so iOS/Android experience a plus, but we do expect to hire for that separately.
  • The first phase will likely start in early July with a mid-August beta. We have a bit of funding to work with + equity for the right person. Our true aim is to find great people to join the cause, not simply outsource early product dev.

If you're interested, please send personal details to me at charlie.crystle@gmail.com­, including your LinkedIn link, social media links, and github username if you have one.
Thank you,
Charlie Crystle

***don't forget the Next Meetup is at Hershey Center for Advanced Research, and will feature Ethan Demme and Josh Lee talking about their new projects. Info and RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com...­