32+ miles Ultra Marathon loop.
- Start at Tuxedo Park Commuter Parking lot[masked], [masked]
- Take RD and hike about 1 mile
- Turn right on to Red marked Tuxedo-MT IVY trail. Hike about 6-7 miles.
- Turn left on White marked Breakneck Mountain trail. Hike about 1.5 miles
- Take left (NE bound) to Yelow marked SBM trail
- After about 2.5 miles hike is your first waterdrop
- Continue on Yellow marked SBM for next 6 miles
- SBM crossed RD turn left and after 7 miles on RD your second water drop
- continue on RD for 11 more miles
To add some fun to your last 6 miles at point[masked] [masked] take right White marked Nurian trail, then left White Bar trail, then right to Yellow marked Triangle Trail and last 0.5 miles on RD again to finish.
You have to have strong navigation skills. You have to be able to faind your way back to Tuxedo Parking Lot from any point of your hike.
**FOR EXPERIENCED HIKERS ONLY! NOT FOR BEGINNERS! This will be an advanced hike only suitable for experienced hikers in strong physical condition!**
This hike is designed for Intermediate/Advanced hikers wanting to increase their endurance for longer hikes in spring/summer. We will keep a[masked] pace the entire time and there will be NO break for lunch. This hike should take about 12-14 hours to complete.
You may turnaround at any point of the route to make the hike shorter.
PLEASE!!! If your profile says novice or beginner or you are a slow intermediate hiker, please do not sign up. We need to keep a fast pace the entire day.
** Drop the water for your self at [masked],[masked] crossing Gate Hill Road and SBM and [masked], [masked] crossing RD and Arden Valey Road on your way to start point. **
Essential Items are items that need to be in your pack:
-Harriman/Bear Mountain maps South and North parts
-Head Lamp and Flashlight
-your own first aid.
Other items/gear to pack is up to you. You are Advanced hikers and should know what to pack to get you through the day.
I expect you to know what you are doing and abide by all group rules. We will have a five minute meeting to go over the routes & do equipment check. There will be no sweep. We travel at our own pace.
Drivers, please post with your RSVP if you have room for passengers and where you are driving from or can pick up passengers. Passengers, please chip in for gas, toll(s) if any, coffee/tea for the driver. I do not coordinate rides, so be proactive about offering carpool and contacting drivers. Post on the Meetup page.
Trailhead GPS:[masked], [masked]
By signing up/showing up for this hike you acknowledge that you understand that:
- You are responsible for your own safety, bringing appropriate gear, arranging for transportation, and arranging for accomodations
- You will not hold me or any other member of the group liable for any accidents or injuries.
- I'm not a paid guide and I don't have wilderness rescue or medical training, and neither does anybody else in the group.
- This is simply a hike that I'm going on, and you are welcome to tag along if you so desire.