|Sent on:||Monday, July 23, 2012 9:57 AM|
Hi All, hope your summer is progressing in full swing!
Just wanted to share with everybody that park rangers in Harriman State Park have recently been on a rampage of enforcing park rules, and instead of issuing fines, they write tickets for you to appear in court. If you are planning a visit to Harriman / Bear Mountain State Parks in the near futue, be cognizant of these rules (park rules & regs also appear on the back of ny-nj tc trail map sets:
- swimming is not permitted in lakes unless there's a designated beach area
- all dogs must be leashed within park premises
- for boat launching, you must obtain a seasonal permit from rangers at lake Tiorati
- most areas outside of Reeves Visitor's Center DO NOT permit parking alongside the road (I saw tickets being issued yesterday for this by Sebago Boat Launch).
- check signs carefully before leaving your car overnight anywhere
Click here for more information about the park.