Please select all movies that you would like to see at one of our future movie-parties. In other words, if you've seen a movie and liked it, but you wouldn't want to go out and spend money to see it, then please don't click it. I want to get a good idea of which movies would make successful movie-parties attended by many. If you are female, please select the first choice and go to the poll for women.
(You can select more than one option)
Join us for a full range of outdoor activities all year round!
• Day hiking ranging from short relaxing hikes to 20+ mile hiking challenges
• Weekend camping and backpacking trips across the northeast (Catskills, Adirondacks, White Mountains)
• Rock scrambling and rock climbing
• Winter snowshoeing, mountaineering, and ice climbing
• Cross-country, downhill, and backcountry AT Skiing
• Adventure travel all over the world. We've been hiking in Iceland, diving in Belize, and lots of place in between
• Bagging 14,000 foot peaks like Whitney, Rainer, and Elbert
Most local trips are accessible via public transportation and we organize car pools when they are not.
These are not guided trips - these are social events. Remember that you are responsible for your own safety. Stay within your skill, fitness, and experience level.
Most day hikes are suitable for any fit individual with some prior hiking experience.
Everyone should be comfortable hiking alone and be prepared to do so (with a map and an understanding of the route). We make an effort to stay together as a group, but sometimes the group does need to split up.
If you're new to a particular activity or moving “up a level”, please contact the event organizer. It is often possible to accommodate less experienced members, but not always.
Check out our Facebook Page.
If you do not have any hiking experience at all, please hike with a professional guide service a few times.
If you'd like to join us, just:
1) Read the About Us page for membership guidelines and a few ground rules
2) Have a profile photo showing your face. This is required so your organizers can remember who's who.
3) And answer all the profile questions so we know a little about you and what kind of events we should plan
See you on the trails!
Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking
4,814 AMC Hikers
16,675 HV Hikers
12,965 Freedom Fighters!
12,928 Event seekers