addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New York City Oath Keepers Message Board New York City Oath Keepers Discussion Forum › Update on OFA propaganda

Update on OFA propaganda

Adam K.
user 38520792
New York, NY
Post #: 78
I've been doing my best to infiltrate OFA. So far, these clowns appear to be maintaining an "Internet only" presence (weak). They send out mass emails where they beg for donations and try to convey being in a position of influence due to their facebook (silo) "likes" and other silly "armchair activist" activities. It's pretty pathetic but I'll post the latest email I've receieved:

Subject: Reporting back: Preventing gun violence Day of Action

Friend --

If Thursday was any indication, the NRA and the rest of the gun lobby better
watch out: Last week's Day to Demand Action to prevent gun violence
showed just how much support there is for common-sense legislation
like universal background checks.

Here's a quick report back:

-- Grassroots volunteers held more than 130 events across the country
with thousands in attendance, from Tuscon to West Palm Beach to Portsmouth.

-- Supporters who couldn't make it spoke out online: The hashtag #DemandAction
was the #1 trending topic nationally on Twitter, and our top Facebook post
received more than 116,000 likes and 23,000 shares on Thursday alone.

-- Our volunteer-led events received local and national media coverage on
news outlets across the country, including CNN, Fox News, and hundreds of
local ABC, NBC, and CBS affiliates.

Members of Congress were back in their home districts last week, and I guarantee
they heard our voices.

Whether they do the right thing and pass legislation 92 percent of Americans
support -- or cave to the powerful gun lobby -- depends on what we do next.

Add your name to the hundreds of thousands of Americans and OFA
supporters demanding action to prevent gun violence:

http://my.barackobama...­

We started a drumbeat last Thursday, and as long as we don't stop now, our
representatives in Congress will have no choice but to act.

Thanks for being part of this fight.

Lindsay

Lindsay Siler
National Director of Issue Campaigns
Organizing for Action
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 5,058
Seems like they're doing a great job using the internet for years. Why can't we???
Adam K.
user 38520792
New York, NY
Post #: 80
1 pair of boots on the ground is more powerful than a million armchair activists "liking" themselves deeper into denial
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 5,066
1 pair of boots on the ground is more powerful than a million armchair activists "liking" themselves deeper into denial

Very true Adam, so how does the left get all those boots on the ground and we can't? Look at your own posting. They got grass roots volunteers up the kazoo. They make use of the media all the time. They attack with 3 second soundbites everywhere. They flood the minds of the masses with propaganda. They plant the seeds of lies everyday.

I'm not an armchair activist. I can only put my boots down in one spot at a time, but I can reach millions of other boots with the speed of light. In the past it was said that "the pen is mightier than the sword." Today it's the internet keyboard.

They've infiltrated us way before we even thought about infiltrating them.

They have airheads yelling and screaming their one liners everyday.

OB1 is seen on webpages as a saint.

I'm all for boots on the ground, but we need numbers in our corner. How do we get them?

GI Joe

PS

Origins of Sayings - The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword
About the history and origins behind the famous saying the pen is mightier than the sword.

Stories behind Famous Sayings

The Saying: THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD.

Who Said It: Edward Bulwer-Lytton

When: 1839

The Story behind It: In Act II of Bulwer-Lytton's play Richelieu, Cardinal Richelieu learns of a plot against him contrived by a friend and confidant, the monk Joseph. Since as a priest he could not challenge the monk to physical combat, Richelieu issued a written statement which contains the following:

Beneath the rule of men entirely great,

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Bulwer-Lytton was not the only one, nor was he the first, to have the thought. The Greek poet Euripides, who died about 406 B.C., said, "The tongue is mightier than the blade." In 1600 Shakespeare had Rosencrantz in Hamlet say that "... many wearing rapiers are afraid of goosequills." In 1621 Robert Burton wrote The Anatomy of Melancholy, in which he stated: "From this it is clear how much more cruel the pen may be than the sword." Also preceding Bulwer-Lytton was Thomas Jefferson, who in 1796 sent a letter to Thomas Paine in which he wrote: "Go on doing with your pen what in other times was done with the sword."

Adam K.
user 38520792
New York, NY
Post #: 81
I guess I just don't value Internet advocacy because I see it as "cheap and easy". It's easy to blog, like, forward, retweet, and click send but what does that really translate to? How much of it is real? Don't get me wrong, I blog myself and have even tweeted a thing or two but I also realize the Internet can be taken down at any time (and I believe we will see that one day). In other words, I'm more concerned about who I'll be able to stand with when that switch is pulled.

Oh and I know you're not "armchair", believe me. Keep up fighting the good fight Sir. :)
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 5,079
True Adam, these websites can be taken down at any time. If you remember you introduced me to another means of communication via the internet, and there were very few takers? Steven H. tried to get everyone interested in Short wave Ham radio and Citizen's Band as a means of maintaining communications.

IMO the purpose of the "blogging" is to pass on information that isn't getting to the masses because the media is deliberately keeping them in the dark, and because most won't bother to do any research on their own. But most importantly to get people stimulated into action. To get their "boots" on and do something.

OB1 and his gang have done just that successfully. I'm not a gung ho military person, but one thing I learned, is to know as much about your enemy as you can and to think like the enemy does, to be one step ahead. I wasn't really prepared by the Army to go to Nam. I wasn't taught much about their customs, or how to say even a few basic words in Vietnamese. I had to do it myself and I am glad I did. Again OB1 and his DC Gang have done just that. OB1 has a team of psychologists working on his ads and campaign to make his propaganda more effective. This is documented knowledge.

The left uses "nuclear" weapons against us, and we fight back with sticks a stones. We ain't gonna win that war. Not even a battle.

I have been hearing lately on talk radio, that the TEA Party is starting to think that way, and is starting to use the social media more. I understand that Romney had the start of some internet networking program, but obviously didn't follow through with anything worth while and gave the selection to OB1 anyway.

You've heard KISS before? Keep it Simple Stupid. Well we have to increase our numbers and fast. We need to get people stimulated. We need to effectively get the word out. We're get bogged down with facts, the left stimulates with emotions.

I'm surprised with so many unemployed/underemployed, that people aren't fighting mad, but most haven't a clue as to what to do or why. Our "leaders" ain't doing too much leading. The left has OB1 holding their flag, we ain't got anyone up front.

GI Joe

PS Adam. I started in an aol political chat room many years ago. As time went on, I started getting emails from all over the country from people who were happy to hear what I said. I even started getting mail, I was dumb enough to give out my address back then. I even got fan letters that were words cut out of articles and pasted and sent to me anonymously. Those were the early TEA partiers. That's how I got involved with the Constitution Party and OK and others. Two days ago I posted that I was disappointed that not enough people were reading the postings, and yesterday someone posted that the posting are being read and that they were passing them on to other family members and friends and that they in turn were passing them on to others. I've had many tell me that, so it does help. I believe it would be more helpful if there was more interaction between members. My two cents.
Adam K.
user 38520792
New York, NY
Post #: 86
Right. Constant interaction is key. That's why we should all be logging into IRC and lurking in #oathkeepers on irc.freenode.net
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 5,095
Right. Constant interaction is key. That's why we should all be logging into IRC and lurking in #oathkeepers on irc.freenode.net

Right, but notice how far that went? People still don't get it.

Check out my posting to you about Tin Can Antennae. Apparently people are using Tin Can Antenna in Africa to log onto the internet without providers, off the satellites? I'm looking into it more and will post more info as I obtain it.

GI Joe
Adam K.
user 38520792
New York, NY
Post #: 87
There are millions of people logged into IRC right now. The reason our community isn't exploiting it is a direct relationship of the number of people who are leading by example.

The tin can thing is very interesting. Keep the great info coming :)
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 5,114
Adam, Freenode.com doesn't work anymore?