Email: msiegel375@gmail.com
VEC: ARRL/VEC
140 Meisner Ave
Basement Cafeteria-Main Bldg
Please call ahead.
Staten Island NY 10314-9999

For NYC-ARECS

Amateur Radio License Exams in NYC:

These are held generally the 3rd Monday of the month promptly at 6:30pm sharp at Columbia University -
531 Studebaker Building / 622 West 132nd Street (west of Broadway)

The test fee for 2013 is $15.00 (check or exact amount). Upgrading? Bring proof of passed elements and a copy with you.

Contact Alan Crosswell (N2YGK) 212-854-3754, alan@columbia.edu
or see www.columbia.edu/~alan/ham/cuarc-exams.h­tml

Test Schedule:
01/28/13*, 02/25/13*, 03/18/13, 04/15/13, 05/20/13, 06/17/13, 07/15/13, 08/19/13, 09/16/13, 10/21/13, 11/18/13, 12/16/13
* - not the 3rd Monday

Melissa M.
user 80785772
Bronx, NY
Post #: 1
Hello everyone!

Wanted to know where Ham operator training is offered?
Thanks Melissa
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 6,704
Hello everyone!

Wanted to know where Ham operator training is offered?
Thanks Melissa
You can start with "Ham Radio Operators Manual" from Amazon for $20. Read the book, take the test. There are numerous websites to help, there are clubs all over the place. You don't need Morse Code anymore for a beginners license. There are websites to help learn the Morse Code if you wanted to, but you don't need it. Good luck, it's easy. - GI Joe

http://hamuniverse.co...­

http://www.hamradioli...­

http://www.dxzone.com...­

http://www.eham.net/n...­ Guide to Amateur Radio for New Hams

http://hamradiobeginn...­
Melissa M.
user 80785772
Bronx, NY
Post #: 2
That's great thanks so much! I was also looking into organization NY-MAG.org. Want to get started learning basic survival training for my daughter and I. Have experience with long rifles only for duck/turkey hunting. Been camping, etc...but with all that is going on now definitely need much more.
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 6,707
That's great thanks so much! I was also looking into organization NY-MAG.org. Want to get started learning basic survival training for my daughter and I. Have experience with long rifles only for duck/turkey hunting. Been camping, etc...but with all that is going on now definitely need much more.
That's great Melissa.

First lesson in survival is "Knowledge is power, education is power for politicians and educators." Stay on top of the NEWS as much as possible. Get your info from several sources and learn to pick out the important info and ignore the BS.

Lotsa survival info out there.

Learn how to start a fire, keep one going.
Learn how to purify water.
Learn what foods are easy and safe to store

Good luck, we all will need it unless we can get enough people to work together and get control of the situations before they really get out of hand.

GI Joe
Melissa M.
user 80785772
Bronx, NY
Post #: 3
Hey GI Joe

Definitely have been researching and obtaining as much knowledge as I can. The world is a scary place now especially with kids in the picture. I work for the VA and see what's going on with the Vets old and young. Been fighting the Common Core Crap implemented in the schools and it's just amazing how many parents could care less. I guess they would rather watch Dancing with the Stars. It makes me sick. Anyway thanks for the instruction, I will follow it.

Melissa
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 6,714
Hey GI Joe

Definitely have been researching and obtaining as much knowledge as I can. The world is a scary place now especially with kids in the picture. I work for the VA and see what's going on with the Vets old and young. Been fighting the Common Core Crap implemented in the schools and it's just amazing how many parents could care less. I guess they would rather watch Dancing with the Stars. It makes me sick. Anyway thanks for the instruction, I will follow it.

Melissa
Keep up the good work. Take good care of my fellow Vets. I hope I never have to meet you professionally.

If those are your daughters, they are beautiful. Mine are grown... Remember, "Teach your children well..."

You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die...

GI Joe
Melissa M.
user 80785772
Bronx, NY
Post #: 4
Hey GI Joe,

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young one of the greats that's for sure. Thanks for the compliment my daughter is 6 and my son 18 months. I can't believe how fast time flies. Will do my absolute best to teach them well especially in this crazy world. Wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving and hope to meet you one day but definitely not at the VA!!
GI J.
user 10571929
Port Washington, NY
Post #: 6,738
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Sorry I thought you said you had two dtrs and the picture is small, so forgive me, eyesight ain't what it used to be. They're both beautiful anyway.

GI Joe
john and nancy m.
user 13165135
Liberty, NY
Post #: 1
Liberty Oathkeepers of Sullivan County is pleased to report that all seven of our members that took the HAM Operators Course this past week were successful and have been granted licenses.