The New York City Pepperheads Meetup Group Message Board › Restaurant Review: Where Playing With Fire Is Not Taboo

Restaurant Review: Where Playing With Fire Is Not Taboo

This message board is read-only.

David Aaron H.
davidaaronhahn
New York, NY
FYI

If you've been to this restaurant, please post comments on our Message Board.

http://events.nytimes...­
A former member
Post #: 1
I haven't been there but I heard it's not bad from some reliable spicy food lovers.

Oh and if it's not for the Chinese new year meetup, I speak Mandarin AND English!!
A former member
Post #: 5
I like this place and so much variety. But beware, if you're not asian then there's some stuff you might not recognize or would want to eat once known. It will be an adventure! It is crowded so I recommend going at off hours and order some items that aren't as spicy. Your lips will get swollen from too much heat. The wait staff don't really speak english so just be prepared to go up front and "point" for a plate of this or that on the cold apps.
A former member
Post #: 1
Went last month. I agree, there are some unidentifiable items so be prepared to try some new things. All and all the food was good. I have to say though, I didn't find it exceptionally spicy. Spicy yes, sweaty bliss, no. The staff was pretty friendly although the language barrier was a bit of a problem if you had questions. Worth the drive but not the heat I was hoping for. Still searching...